Owner of this Proffitt's Restored HZJ75 a MUD member? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just curious if anyone knows if the owner of this beauty is a MUD member or know's anything about this, I have money and a kidney I'd like to offer him
Picture1.jpg

There was a major article done on this truck, but I do not remember where. I have it saved on my computer at home and will post it when I get home if someone hasn't beaten me to it.

I believe the articel was by Chris Marzonie of Overland Journal. It is a great article. I will post it when I can.

John Brasier who works/worked at Proffitt's drives one just like it, but his was covered in stickers the last time I saw it, and (like this one I assume) is actually reconstructed on an FJ62 frame and registered as such. (Note the 6 lug axles rather than 5 lug.)

Mark...

I believe this is the one Jeremiah built.....it was then sold to Greg Miller of the Miller Group (ie: Miller Motorsports Park, the Utah Jazz, American Toyota, and other failed ventures....haha)

Greg liked the rig so much, he then purchased Proffitts :)

Greg and I spoke before he purchased it...I believe my purchase advice was along the lines of "it's worth whatever Jeremiah is asking for it"...

My HZJ75 is at Proffitts now...I can only hope it turns out half that nice...

Note the 6 lug axles rather than 5 lug.

Mark...

All 75's have 6 lug nuts as standard, they changed to 5 in 1998 when the 79 came out. I think its a real 75 with a made up tub.

This is mine when i bought it last year, its a 1998. The picture in this write up was what convinced me to get one. I have been buying parts ready to fit so mine is similar. Changed my mind since but will be adding stuff when it warms up over here in England, so about July.... :)

my75.jpg

Last edited:
I believe this is the one Jeremiah built.....it was then sold to Greg Miller of the Miller Group (ie: Miller Motorsports Park, the Utah Jazz, American Toyota, and other failed ventures....haha)

Greg and I spoke before he purchased it...I believe my purchase advice was along the lines of "it's worth whatever Jeremiah is asking for it"...

This is not the answer I was hoping for as to the owner I'd be making an offer to - so basically a guy worth a few hundred mil, great ;)

Thanks for the intel - I'll keep dreaming but if you do know Greg and he wants to sell, tell him you know of a random ih8mud member interested :p

Thanks for the intel - I'll keep dreaming but if you do know Greg and he wants to sell, tell him you know of a random ih8mud member interested :p

Trust me. I know of at least 2 people within the Miller Organization who would be first on the list.

One of them can afford it, the other can't.

:crybaby:

Yes, That truck is in Greg's day garage at the track. Along with a bunch of other assorted Cruisers and a Ford GT.

"American Toyota, and other failed ventures"

:flipoff2: :doh:

All 75's have 6 lug nuts as standard, they changed to 5 in 1998 when the 79 came out. I think its a real 75 with a made up tub.

This is mine when i bought it last year, its a 1998. The picture in this write up was what convinced me to get one. I have been buying parts ready to fit so mine is similar. Changed my mind since but will be adding stuff when it warms up over here in England, so about July.... :)

my75.jpg

Yep you are right. I was thinking about the HZJ79 that john at Proffitts has and got confused.

Mark...

Oops I posted in wrong thread

Last edited:

You better bring it to the Southern Cruiser Crawl!
;)

This is not the answer I was hoping for as to the owner I'd be making an offer to - so basically a guy worth a few hundred mil, great ;)

Ain't going to happen. As other fellow LHM employees have mentioned, that factory 1998 HZJ75 belongs to the boss man himself. It is one of his favorites and I don't think he ever plans on getting rid of it.

However, we would be happy to build you a 79 series if you like. Call for details. 1-877-PROFFITT

Custom HZJ79 Land Cruiser diesel pickup | Proffitt's Cruisers Land Cruiser Restoration

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom