For Sale Overlanding Drawers, Water Tank and Fridge Slider LC100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.nomadicyear.com
Built this system about two years ago for our big drive around the world. Well, we did the trip and learned some things along the way. We ended up driving from California down to South American and then from Korea to the UK. We are currently near London and would like to sell the complete drawers or maybe part them out for the sliders.

Imgur link for the album: Drawers for sale

j6blq3e.jpg

Drawers, table, fridge and cooking equipment in action in Kyrgyzstan.

UVljQkk.jpg

dgewnY6.jpg

xWlvhfv.jpg

Locking slides on each of the two large drawers and on both of the slides on the fridge.

hf4mEOG.jpg

Fits the 37Q ARB fridge perfectly.

Wnnoou4.jpg

Locking mechanism on the slides

TeuybJE.jpg

There is a compartment for a folding table which you get with the whole system for free.

ARTjLfw.jpg

Tap for water (or beer if you want)

mXwKLiU.jpg

Top right compartment is for storing the Coleman dual fuel stove. Extra drawer for tool or random bits of kit.

9Q3LaUn.jpg

An example of the setup all ready for cooking.

GLYrOlL.jpg

Stove not included.

CvLZYME.jpg

Ua9NJ4P.jpg

wLJZFHc.jpg

In the place of the double passenger seat in the back we have a water tank and storage comparment

Everything is custom made and is in full functional condition.

Check out the photos and let me know if you are interested.

Spent a lot more than the asking price as usual, so $450 is a fair price for the community.
Can be picked up in UK (London area or delivered within some reason).
Thanks for looking.

Dang wish you were stateside.

on a side note got a blog of your adventures?

Hey lt1fire,

this is a response to someone else's question about what we learned on the trip and a bit about our blog.

You can check out our blog - www.nomadicyear.com to get an idea of the times, budgets and kind of road conditions we encountered.

We did probably 95% of our driving on paved roads, this does not however mean good condition. You will end up driving on some maintained dirt roads or beat to dust paved roads, with all this in mind i would try to outfit your rig for comfort, light weight an reliability.

This means that a winch and front bumper is not necessary, i would still keep the front bumper for increase protection in case of a small accident. But winch would be highly underutilised on this trip.

We did a 2" Slee OME lift with heavy duty springs in the back, i would do this all over again and ten times over. The truck is super heavy when loaded up and even with the hd springs you will feel it.

About the drawers - the ones i made are really good at what they do. They are huge, store all of our stuff and keep everything organized/secure even during the roughest washboard. The only reason i'm going to change them is to make sure we have a possible sleeping area inside the truck. There were a number of occasions, especially in Mongolia, where the wind was so strong that i felt like our RTT is going to fold (it was actually starting to fold under the pressure of the wind). At other times, it would have been good to be able to stealth camp and spend the night without attracting too much attention.

Ideally, i would like to convert the roof and tent into a single piece with integrated tent. I would still then keep the flat sleeping area in the back for border crossings, quick naps, etc.

Rear bumper, tire and canister carrier. Heavy and mostly unnecessary, make sure you have at least 1 spare tire in perfect condition, puncture fixing kit and a good air compressor. That should be fine for PanAm. We have an aux gas tank and 3 cans (2 water, 1 gasoline). There is only one point on the trip, Eduardo Avaroa National Park in Bolivia, where we needed to fill up all our gas to the max. And in the end we could have done away with main tank and 2 x 5 gal cans.

Now i would like to move the water tank from inside, to the aux gas tank position, get rid of the spare tire under the car and keep our rear bumper. This would allow for extra clearance on our future trips around the states.

We have a water heat exchanger, depending on when you decide to go...this might be a completely useless addition for PanAm. But hey, this is your time to do everything you've always wanted to do with the truck.

Dual batteries, fridge, lights...all good to go and necessary in my opinion.

RTT - amazing, except for the few exceptions mentioned above.

Another mod that is not mentioned that often - sound insulation. This is a debate between extra weight and comfort. Have you ever noticed when you get off the freeway and stop that your ears are buzzing? There is an incredible amount of road noise that we subconsciously filter out, but our brain and body still gets tired from it. I put it about 60+ lbs of insulation all around the vehicle, basically everywhere I could get access to. It is actually so good that we didn't notice that we ground down our rear brake pads to the metal and were scraping bare metal on metal in the rear. Take this or leave it, but i recommend it.

Oh...last thing. When you build your truck, load it up fully...all the way. Then do a wheel alignment and make sure your lights point in the right direction! Although i dont recommend driving at night, you should be able to see where you are going. Dont ask how i know this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom