Overland build 78 (and 80) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.inditravel.org
I got this 2001 78 2 years ago. The car had a pop-up roof and some old trashed interior. I tore this out and rebuilt all of it. I have a blog where you can read about the building, water, diesel heater etc. Also some 80 build stuff in there, and a summary of my 10 year of overlanding experience. What mods, and what stuff to bring. Plus travel stories and cruiser DIY stuff.

Inditravel.org:
LC 78 Overlander
Overlanding mods and equipment

78.jpg

78 interior.jpg

Frame.jpg

Wow. Your list of spare parts is pretty comprehensive. Including a spare set of birfs, an oil pump and a thermostat. All that stuff must weigh a lot. If you’re really getting into remote areas and wheeling hard I guess it’s necessary.

Wow. Your list of spare parts is pretty comprehensive. Including a spare set of birfs, an oil pump and a thermostat. All that stuff must weigh a lot. If you’re really getting into remote areas and wheeling hard I guess it’s necessary.
Yes, agreed. But I do not carry all that on all trips. Depends on where you are going. And the list is maybe a bit unclear. E.g. oil pump is a small pump for filling diffs. Handy if you are crossing water and have to change diff oil. Happened to me on Iceland. And no, I dont bring birfs. That point is birf grease. That said, I actually had a birf with me to Morocco because I knew one was bad. And I had to change it. And I must admit I regretted not changing before I left. Doing it in a garage is a bit simpler than in Sahara sand...
You can hear the clicking birf in this video, at 5 min 15 sec. A rather scary descent in Anti Atlas mountains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom