Outer Banks Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would be in july or so.....

WOOO HOOOO...... Was waiting for this to come along. I'm game. As if you could not tell.

I'm heading down the week before the 4th. I'll post up some pics and cool spots.

Any weekend would be good for me, will be retired by then. Heck even in the middle of the week would be good.

Never been there before, how much cash do i need to bring for ferry and stuff ??

Thanks Greg, new I could count on you. On our next link up I will give you a disk with the pic's on it if its alright with you. This photo thing is killing me and Robin.

Just wondering how many folks are fishermen? Since there is not huge dunes to jump and drive around on like out west, our trip will be more of just beach driving. I was just wanting to see who would be interested in Portsmouth Island? Two things to consider, first cost. THe ferry ride is $75 per, round trip. I may could get a group rate if we get enough rigs together. Second, bugs. The outter banks, especially portsmouth is known for mosquitos and green-head flies. Skin-so-soft works wonders though, so if you are armed with that you should be semi OK. Not for the weak though. Portsmouth has cabins to rent if you want to bring the old lady, or you can camp on the beach in tents or in your rig. But the fishing and surfing are awesome. Here's a pic from there.....
beach 023 (Small).jpg
beach 031 (Small).jpg

Well, the wife got me a pole the other day so I better bring it.

Obx

May have to head down to OBX before the ONSC Club trip!! :D ;)

Posted on Thu, Jul. 14, 2005
FISHING FORECAST | TOM HIGGINS

Anglers busy with billfish

Trolling off Hatteras and Oregon Inlet is producing spectacular action for billfish and dolphin.In two days this week, anglers fishing offshore from Hatteras Village boated and released 15 white marlin, 11 sailfish and two blue marlin. Limits of dolphin and king mackerel also have been caught.

It's relatively as good for billfish off Oregon Inlet, with yellowfin tuna to 74 pounds spicing the catch.

To the south, in the area of Carolina Beach and Wrightsville Beach, Spanish mackerel "are committing suicide," according to one source. Anglers casting from the shore, from piers and fishing from boats are catching the Spanish mackerel.

15. OUTER BANKS: Fine action for reds, or puppy drum, in marshes near Atlantic Beach/Morehead City. Increasing numbers of flounder in backwaters. Sailfish moving closer in off Morehead City. Slowly improving for king mackerel offshore, at piers. Scattered catches of summertime species in surf, at piers, including mostly small blues, croaker, pompano, whiting. Spanish to 6 1/2 pounds at Bogue Inlet Pier, to 22 inches along shore at Ocracoke Island.

:bounce: :bounce2: :bounce: :bounce2:

cruiser4life said:
May have to head down to OBX before the ONSC Club trip!! :D ;)

Posted on Thu, Jul. 14, 2005
FISHING FORECAST | TOM HIGGINS

Anglers busy with billfish

Trolling off Hatteras and Oregon Inlet is producing spectacular action for billfish and dolphin.In two days this week, anglers fishing offshore from Hatteras Village boated and released 15 white marlin, 11 sailfish and two blue marlin. Limits of dolphin and king mackerel also have been caught.

It's relatively as good for billfish off Oregon Inlet, with yellowfin tuna to 74 pounds spicing the catch.

To the south, in the area of Carolina Beach and Wrightsville Beach, Spanish mackerel "are committing suicide," according to one source. Anglers casting from the shore, from piers and fishing from boats are catching the Spanish mackerel.

15. OUTER BANKS: Fine action for reds, or puppy drum, in marshes near Atlantic Beach/Morehead City. Increasing numbers of flounder in backwaters. Sailfish moving closer in off Morehead City. Slowly improving for king mackerel offshore, at piers. Scattered catches of summertime species in surf, at piers, including mostly small blues, croaker, pompano, whiting. Spanish to 6 1/2 pounds at Bogue Inlet Pier, to 22 inches along shore at Ocracoke Island.

:bounce: :bounce2: :bounce: :bounce2:

mmmmmmmmmm...............big fish! Me likes!

Update for my schedule. I know this sounds like a broken record, but i am finally beginning to get back on my feet from being laid off a few months ago. I will be working with the Bill Davis Racing Toyota Tundra NASCAR Craftsman Truck teams on race days (www.billdavisracing.com/schedules/truckseries.htm. The rest of the time i am beginning a new career in Real Estate sales. It may be tough for me to break away for this trip. Still keep me posted.

Alex

concretejungle said:
mmmmmmmmmm...............big fish! Me likes!

Update for my schedule. I know this sounds like a broken record, but i am finally beginning to get back on my feet from being laid off a few months ago. I will be working with the Bill Davis Racing Toyota Tundra NASCAR Craftsman Truck teams on race days (www.billdavisracing.com/schedules/truckseries.htm. The rest of the time i am beginning a new career in Real Estate sales. It may be tough for me to break away for this trip. Still keep me posted.

Alex

Congrats on both the Real Estate gig and getting back on with BD Racing in the Craftsman Truck series.

Now, go get one of those sweet welders those guys don't want anymore and start cranking out some sliders!! :D

I'll be the first customer!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom