Outer Banks Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiser4life said:
Now, go get one of those sweet welders those guys don't want anymore and start cranking out some sliders!! :D

I'll be the first customer!!

I was just over there asking about that the other day. You read my mind. THey have 25 welders in the truck shop and at least that many in the cup shop. THey said their lincoln rep was supposed to come by and see if they needed to update any of their equipment. They also said that i was welcome to come to the shop and use the equipment any time, so long as i wasn't interfering with real work. :idea: So we'll see how it pans out. May be a really good thing.

C J . Congrats on getting back on your feet, jsut retired from Army myself and have 110 more days of leave, before i am going back to work ( real job ) Trying to get in the GS side of the house so i can retire again soon. Then i can just turn wrenches on my cruisers. hahaha Hope you can make it out for our little trip.

This may be too far in advance, but who would be up a a Week of July 4th '06 trip? We go every week of the fourth, have a place down there (would invite you all, but it is more or less a frat party all week, 22 year old cousin takes over the place with his friends). Way in advance, but why not get a list?

Isn't the beach closed to driving during certain months? I was there this winter and it was open, but I was under the impression that it closed during the summer. Anyway, I'm confused, mapquest shows that trip as being about 6 hours from Winston, but last year I didn't remember it being that long a trip. Maybe I was hauling some serious azz though. The 40 probably would take 6 hours. Doh....brutal. That's worse than driving to Tellico.

From WS it should only take you about 4.5-5 hours even in the 40 to get to Nags Head. Frisco is another hour or so from NH in a 40 I would guess.

alkaline747trio said:
From WS it should only take you about 4.5-5 hours even in the 40 to get to Nags Head. Frisco is another hour or so from NH in a 40 I would guess.

Agreed with those times. Frisco campground is pretty cool. Cape Point campground is more remote though. Maybe one of the best fishing stretches in the OBX.

So....was this trip ever "planned" with dates and such? From the sounds of the earlier part, I missed the original one. I'm a bigger fan of cooler weather, so I'd be interested in hitting it at the end of next month (Sept). If that's the case, I better get to work on the exhaust leak before I plan on a many hour trip. A caravan of 40's heading out would be cool....haven't been in one of those since 1997.

Guys as you all see we have not gotten the attendance we would have needed for a good trip so lets try this again, I would like to get a nice caravan and head that way.

I'd be interested in riding out with somebody but my 40 isn't ready for the trip, I need to put a new clutch in one of these days. That might be a good Raleigh meeting :D

I am avaliable any time next summer, prefferable the first or second week of June and the week of the 4th of July...or whenever spring break happens to be. Would be glad to meet and stay at Frisco Campground, it is open to all, no lots have to be bought, correct?

I mentioned this to a guy and work who has a Taco and he's interested in going as well.

Aiiight. Let's nail down a date. I'm talking to the wife about when she has class (makes it easier to go.) Just to toss out dates, how about the last weekend in Sept./early Oct?

I dunno if I will be able to make it, but I would sure like to see. I love OBX but man with gas as high is it is I bet it would be over $150 for me to get there. I dunno if the wife would alow that. Also post some pics

Yeah, it won't be cheap for me either...that's why I'll camp instead of doing the hotel.
Just for rough numbers, it's 320 miles from Winston to Nags head. Soo, 640 miles round trip, plus "crusing" miles, so 700 miles. If I get 14mpg, that's 50 gallons of gas. It's $2.52/gal here, but could be as high as $2.80 by the time we pull this trip. That runs $140 for me, so you are about right.

Portsmouth fishing

I just got back from Portsmouth to do a little fishing and camping. Pretty cool place. Not much fun for a cruiser on the sand, but the ATV was a hoot to wind out on the flats. Fish were so-so....caught a good size shark though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom