Outer Banks Trip

Discussion in 'NC- Olde North State Cruisers' started by southerncruiser62, Jun 16, 2005.

1. southerncruiser62

southerncruiser62

Albums:
    Would like to see the interest in planning an Outer Banks Trip sometime in the future maybe late summer. How many of you guys would be interested?

2. JPB

JPB

I would be in july or so.....

3. krzyabncanuck

krzyabncanuck USFS HOTSHOT

WOOO HOOOO...... Was waiting for this to come along. I'm game. As if you could not tell.

4. concretejungle

concretejungle

I'm heading down the week before the 4th. I'll post up some pics and cool spots.

5. southerncruiser62

southerncruiser62

Albums:
    Whats a good week for guys in july, would have to be towards the end of the month. But lets get a list and date set and do it......

6. krzyabncanuck

Any weekend would be good for me, will be retired by then. Heck even in the middle of the week would be good.

7. Trollhole

Trollhole THC Supporting Vendor Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
  8. southerncruiser62

southerncruiser62

Albums:
    For those interested we are most likly looking at the weekend of the 19,20,21 in August.

9. krzyabncanuck

Just keep me posted.

10. southerncruiser62

southerncruiser62

Albums:
    Well mark that on your calender, seems to be the dates we are going to make it will make it concrete in the next few weeks

11. krzyabncanuck

Never been there before, how much cash do i need to bring for ferry and stuff ??

12. southerncruiser62

southerncruiser62

Albums:
    I am puttting all the details together and will post that when i have all of it in the next few days

13. krzyabncanuck

Thanks Greg, new I could count on you. On our next link up I will give you a disk with the pic's on it if its alright with you. This photo thing is killing me and Robin.

14. concretejungle

concretejungle

Just wondering how many folks are fishermen? Since there is not huge dunes to jump and drive around on like out west, our trip will be more of just beach driving. I was just wanting to see who would be interested in Portsmouth Island? Two things to consider, first cost. THe ferry ride is $75 per, round trip. I may could get a group rate if we get enough rigs together. Second, bugs. The outter banks, especially portsmouth is known for mosquitos and green-head flies. Skin-so-soft works wonders though, so if you are armed with that you should be semi OK. Not for the weak though. Portsmouth has cabins to rent if you want to bring the old lady, or you can camp on the beach in tents or in your rig. But the fishing and surfing are awesome. Here's a pic from there.....
    beach 023 (Small).jpg beach 031 (Small).jpg

15. southerncruiser62

southerncruiser62

Albums:
    Would love to get a little fishing in while i was out there, heard it is usually incredible.

16. krzyabncanuck

Well, the wife got me a pole the other day so I better bring it.

17. southerncruiser62

southerncruiser62

Albums:
    If i can find out enough details and have a place to maybe leave it i may bring the boat for a little spanish/king fishing.

18. cruiser4life

cruiser4life

Obx

May have to head down to OBX before the ONSC Club trip!! :D ;)

Posted on Thu, Jul. 14, 2005
    FISHING FORECAST | TOM HIGGINS

Anglers busy with billfish

Trolling off Hatteras and Oregon Inlet is producing spectacular action for billfish and dolphin.In two days this week, anglers fishing offshore from Hatteras Village boated and released 15 white marlin, 11 sailfish and two blue marlin. Limits of dolphin and king mackerel also have been caught.

It's relatively as good for billfish off Oregon Inlet, with yellowfin tuna to 74 pounds spicing the catch.

To the south, in the area of Carolina Beach and Wrightsville Beach, Spanish mackerel "are committing suicide," according to one source. Anglers casting from the shore, from piers and fishing from boats are catching the Spanish mackerel.

15. OUTER BANKS: Fine action for reds, or puppy drum, in marshes near Atlantic Beach/Morehead City. Increasing numbers of flounder in backwaters. Sailfish moving closer in off Morehead City. Slowly improving for king mackerel offshore, at piers. Scattered catches of summertime species in surf, at piers, including mostly small blues, croaker, pompano, whiting. Spanish to 6 1/2 pounds at Bogue Inlet Pier, to 22 inches along shore at Ocracoke Island.

:bounce: :bounce2: :bounce: :bounce2:

19. concretejungle

concretejungle

mmmmmmmmmm...............big fish! Me likes!

Update for my schedule. I know this sounds like a broken record, but i am finally beginning to get back on my feet from being laid off a few months ago. I will be working with the Bill Davis Racing Toyota Tundra NASCAR Craftsman Truck teams on race days (www.billdavisracing.com/schedules/truckseries.htm. The rest of the time i am beginning a new career in Real Estate sales. It may be tough for me to break away for this trip. Still keep me posted.

Alex

20. cruiser4life

cruiser4life

Congrats on both the Real Estate gig and getting back on with BD Racing in the Craftsman Truck series.

Now, go get one of those sweet welders those guys don't want anymore and start cranking out some sliders!! :D

I'll be the first customer!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.