Original A/C - what are these parts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help out - I have an original A/C that I found in NZ and I am trying to install it in an Aus 1982 BJ42.

I have plugged the wiring loom into the exisiting loom , minus the lead that runs into the engine bay. When I try to run the fan all I hear is the relay/solenoid click and nothing.

Does anyone know what part these are? and if there is a replacement available?

The one with RED writing says RELAY, but I dont know what the other is.... not even sure if this is where to start looking.

Thanks
Dan
08032010423.jpg

Is the A/C out of a diesel or a gasser? Gasser systems need a feed from the ignition to tell them the engine is running before the A/C will work.

cruiser_guy,

it is the 3B diesel - but I think I will try to connect the remaining lead before going much further. Only problem is trying to find a replacement condensor - the blades are all bent up on mine.

cheers

After market condensor should be available. MIke

cruiser_guy,

it is the 3B diesel - but I think I will try to connect the remaining lead before going much further. Only problem is trying to find a replacement condensor - the blades are all bent up on mine.

cheers

Where will you connect the last lead, or is that the lead to the A/C clutch?

As others have said, a comb is made for fixing bent fins. Any A/C shop should have one or be able to get one for you. Make sure you get the right one. Count the number of fins per inch and order a comb to match.

well, your fan control resistor appears to be missing the male spade tabs for the wiring connector(unless the wires are soldered on?

Its the black thing screwed into the housing on the very RH side of the pic you posted. power has to go through this to get to the fan motor. It is what gives you the different speeds.

well, your fan control resistor appears to be missing the male spade tabs for the wiring connector(unless the wires are soldered on?

Its the black thing screwed into the housing on the very RH side of the pic you posted. power has to go through this to get to the fan motor. It is what gives you the different speeds.

Thanks Brett,

I didnt have that connected when I was trying to test. I have the cruiser out at the moment, so I will connect it all and see if the fan runs.

Thanks
Dan

I have the wiring diagram for you BJ and AC info. If you would like me to email you the info, PM me.

OK - I have connected all leads to the inside unit, the only one that is not connected is the lead that runs to either the compressor or the filter (I think that is what it is).

Still no fan...

I have to clean the points for the fan control resistor as it is pretty dirty.

Hopefully sparkplugs diagrams will help

Dan

12v to the fan should make it run and it will isolate the fan as being the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom