OPOR - GX470 Slider Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If bolting to the frame, I would recommend drilling all the way through, then sleeving the frame with a cut section of appropriate sized tube. The single wall of the frame should support hits (dropping on rocks, or worse yet getting T-boned) but both walls of the frame rail will definitely take the hit better than one.

That said, I'm not an engineer.

How do you propose getting a sleeve inside the frame?

Drill holes to match OD of sleeve, slip in , weld up, grind as necessary.
The issue consistently with these alternatives is welding. No welder.

So to me the rivnut holds only one side of the frame. And that seems to hold up. So isn’t the best non rivnut option to fish a bolt through the frame?
8E4BDEDC-52EA-468A-90BD-18A49E7770B6.jpeg

Something like this.

The issue consistently with these alternatives is welding. No welder.

So to me the rivnut holds only one side of the frame. And that seems to hold up. So isn’t the best non rivnut option to fish a bolt through the frame?
View attachment 1982023

Something like this.
I think you want it the other way, nut inside.
But i guess that depends on which hole it is, side rail vs bottom of frame rail.... and how clean of a look you want ultimately.

So looks like I am missing a larger backer plate and two m8 bolts....

IMG_7884.JPG

You are lucky. I lost the whole hardware package. The box was ripped and none left inside. I was planning to install it this weekend and I cannot even start drilling. They already sent replacement but still a bummer.

Thanks to everyone for the pointers and photos. I installed my sliders on Saturday. The kdss lines were a bit of a pain in the ass, but the rivnuts take the cake for being the biggest thorn in my side for this installation.

Do you have to loosen the whole manifold block to get the leg in place? Can you take some picture of the driver side rear bracket that get really close to the KDSS lines?

I am supposed to install mine this weekend but UPS lost all the hardware during shipping.

So tried a nutcert today. It spun... so I am going to go the bolt on a wire through the frame. I’ll post how it goes.

Do you have to loosen the whole manifold block to get the leg in place? Can you take some picture of the driver side rear bracket that get really close to the KDSS lines?

I am supposed to install mine this weekend but UPS lost all the hardware during shipping.

I did loosen the entire block, along with 2 brackets that were holding the kdss lines to the rear of the block. I had my brother in law helping me so between the 2 of us we were able to maneuver the rear slider foot into place fairly easily. We just had to "gently" yank the kdss lines out of the way to get the foot in place. I don't have any pictures though. The rivnuts were a big pain. There's gotta be a better way to install those. In retrospect I should have bought the specialized rivnut tool and in turn sold it to one of you to make some of the money back. Glad I took the factory kdss skids off... There was a lot of mud in there I apparently had been missing in the carwash.

So consensus is building that bolting to the front wall is preferable to rivnuts, if one doesn't have the proper rivnut tool.
Sleeving has yet to be done (correctly) too bit seems the ideal solution, with bolt front wall a preferred way of avoiding rivnuts.

Thanks all and keep experiences and pix coming. I think ill be on mine after next week .

Last edited:
So here is my solution for the front leg mount. I went out got a grade 8, 1/2” bolt (since I had already drilled out the lower hole for the nutcert) took coat hanger wire and carefully wrapped end of bolt. Then cut down a 1/2” washer to slip through the access hole.

1. Fish the bolt inside the frame. 2. Once inside carefully slip washer onto bolt. (Both won’t fit through access hole at the same time.) 3. Poke bolt through hole. 4. Mount this bolt to slider first, so that you can easily keep it in place.

F0B18E6A-B206-4E56-A360-97A7DF450933.jpeg
8753E477-F510-4600-92A8-AFAE1FD4F8FD.jpeg
0ABFBEA4-E5A3-407F-B808-37CE8C6E6348.jpeg
570257A7-9CEA-49B6-B622-FF8713F5F816.jpeg
FB5C7A38-2A5C-4000-9C87-C14A5EE1A8B9.jpeg

So that’s my front leg solution. On the other side I might just use the standard provided bolt instead of the 1/2”. This will be easier to fish in and with the center leg I’m not as worried about the strength as I was the driver side.

The passenger side will have to wait. A friend is helping me come up with a center leg solution as well. I’ll post when I do it.

So here is my solution for the front leg mount. I went out got a grade 8, 1/2” bolt (since I had already drilled out the lower hole for the nutcert) took coat hanger wire and carefully wrapped end of bolt. Then cut down a 1/2” washer to slip through the access hole.

1. Fish the bolt inside the frame. 2. Once inside carefully slip washer onto bolt. (Both won’t fit through access hole at the same time.) 3. Poke bolt through hole. 4. Mount this bolt to slider first, so that you can easily keep it in place.

View attachment 1988355View attachment 1988356View attachment 1988357View attachment 1988358View attachment 1988359

So that’s my front leg solution. On the other side I might just use the standard provided bolt instead of the 1/2”. This will be easier to fish in and with the center leg I’m not as worried about the strength as I was the driver side.

The passenger side will have to wait. A friend is helping me come up with a center leg solution as well. I’ll post when I do it.
is that the prado front trim cover for running board delete?

is that the prado front trim cover for running board delete?
No. I just trimmed the factory running boards to leave that piece of trim. Stole that idea from someone here.

No. I just trimmed the factory running boards to leave that piece of trim. Stole that idea from someone here.
Oh. I think I may have seen that here too. Can you get the other angle... looking forward at it?

box cutter and drimmel with sanding wheel?
Just fresh utility knife blade on a hot day. Cuts like butter. Never even used a sander on the edges. But looking at it today I might trim them a little more so that they don’t touch the plastic. Don’t want to rub the paint off and get rust.

Well it's finally done. The rifnut/nutcert is the worst part of the install. Both front spin. The instructions say 1/2" drill for 3/8-13 rifnut while the OD is 13.3mm. It might need 17/32 drill bit and off course I don't have it. The 5/8 drill bit would not allow the 1/2" rifnut to fit either. One I gog luck it tighten when it install the slider. The other side I have to tack welded the rifnut.

I put the KDSS line below the slider leg as it fits my truck better. It's fun to try to fish it thru the area in between the parking brake cable and KDSS lines. I have to do one leg press to push the front part high while use the other leg to push my creeper out to the side so it would not scratch the door. All while being under the car and use both hand to guide the rear bracket in between the KDSS line and parking brake cable.

Also using strap to reshape the KDSS line is very easy. I tried using jack and wooden block method and it leave some marks on the pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom