Opinion on body 1968 fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is my 1968 fj40, as you can see, it’s not stock. Ome lift and springs, 5spd, power steering, headers, Webber carb. Stock engine.
Mechanicals on this are superb but as you can see the body is a bit rough. My question is, would going all the way and replacing the tub be worthwhile or should I just leave it, as I’m sure I’ve devalued it enough with the upgrades.
Freaking great forum btw!!

3BDA97C7-7D22-44A5-A6E4-A83C2B70E359.png

That tub looks like it is in pretty good shape from the picture. More pictures of the problem areas would be good. 40 bodies are extremely easy to fix. It's not really worth replacing the tub unless it is really far gone.

That tub looks like it is in pretty good shape from the picture. More pictures of the problem areas would be good. 40 bodies are extremely easy to fix. It's not really worth replacing the tub unless it is really far gone.
There’s really very little rust, and hasn’t been crunched. I’m just thinking it might be pretty cool to bring the aesthetics up to par with mechanicals

There’s really very little rust, and hasn’t been crunched. I’m just thinking it might be pretty cool to bring the aesthetics up to par with mechanicals

Why would it need to be replaced then? Rust-free 40s are pretty hard to come by these days. Check out @wngrog 's patina thread. You can really make that paint pop with some elbow grease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom