Operation SOA 75 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hummm stock tires 29" + 34" (17 X 2) = 63" of rubber....

sounds like someone needs to rethink...

37"s and a spring over OME set up. No body lift necessary. 1.5" wheel spacers per side.
3.jpg
6.JPG

kon uve got it all ass about,

6-7" on SOA,
2-3" on shackles 7" when open LOL
2" lifted springs
Not having extended hangers anymore
And shackle reversal gives no extra lift as i believe

Ill do this first, then see if i need body lift, the body lift is mainly to have chassis as low as possible, and to have plenty room to access chassis for sliders and cage.

hahaha, it was late and my brain math turned into verbal diarrhea..

your numbers make a lot more sense, still 12ish" of lift!!

hummm stock tires 29" + 34" (17 X 2) = 63" of rubber....

sounds like someone needs to rethink...

sorry crushers, i dont understand. 63" of rubber? im so confused

for every 1" of lift you can 2" bigger tires (1/2 the tire is bleow the axle, right?)

so if you go 6" lift you can go 12" bigger rubber with the same clearence for travel same as stock. this does not allow for circumfrance of the wheel rubbing on fenders or frame when turing.
ie. if your stock truck has 2" of travel (and most do from factory, generic statement) then 6" of lift will allow you 12" bigger tire with the same 2" of travel.
stock tires on most crusiers are 29" (31" on the 80 series)
so if he has 12" of lift he can run 24" bigger tire so 29 + 24 = 53" tall tire with the same travel as a s stock rig. (of course you will need to trim the fenders to allow for circumfrance interference)

me, i like low and stable so sheet metal becomes sacrificial when it comes to fitting larger tires.
so for 37" tires you want (37-29=8/2=4) a full 4" of lift. you could run a bit more travel by adding an inch or 2, so if you do a SOA (4"-5") you would be fine for 37" tires.

12" is WAY too excessive in my books and your COG will be the s***s.

but then that is just my opinion.

COG will be the s***s.

Point .. You need to keep in mind some factors as Shackle reversal ( in my case hit my rear side of fenders each time ) or you can go with lowered bump stops etc ..

shackle reversal ... why?
if you are going to do that why not just coil it and be done..??

shackle reversal ... why?
if you are going to do that why not just coil it and be done..??

All coments here are based in my opinion and personal experience !

1. SR if by far more simple ( and lees expensive ) than any coil conversion

2. SR is a plus in ride and compfort in 60 - 40 series.

people its only gonna be SOA with lifted springs and drop shackles... i have no idea how tall its gonna be until i do it.

I expect some decent flex, so i need to be able to tuck a 37" well enough.

im also looking at a dual shackle conversion.
But i wont get into that for now, coz it will pose too many questions

want good flex? then DO NOT use lift springs... stock flat springs will give you the best flex...

yeah? whys that?

ive seen lifted springs flex super fine... and on a lux too

i understand if you get heavy spings they dont flex well, but they dont have to be heavy, i can afford some droop and go medium.

I have a set of stock parabolics, but they are super sagged... Could try to reset them and give them a go too

I believe that a lifted sping is just a longer spring thats been set at a higher arc and still gives same eye - eye distance...

so a lifted is the same as a stock but longer and higher?

ehh

i want you to think this through, which will flex better?
a flat spring with no arch or a spring with arch fighting the upwards movement?i old go with the parabolics for perfleax...
cheers

people its only gonna be SOA with lifted springs and drop shackles... i have no idea how tall its gonna be until i do it.

Don't be offended but I think you have it backwards, Myself I would decide how much lift I need/want and build accordingly ?

Don't be offended but I think you have it backwards, Myself I would decide how much lift I need/want and build accordingly ?

Problem is, i haven't lifted like this before, and don't know what its going to do.

I know how i want to lift it, and thats what im going to do, how it turns out, is how its gonna be.

Now back to the car
Question

Is it possible to reset parabolic springs?

I have the engine, (pix lata)
New 1HZ out of an 06 100 series.

Now do i need the complete wiring harness or do i only need the harness downstream from the computer?

Will the 75 series harness work?

Do i need the computer from the 100s or from a 79s with the same engine!?

So many questions!

Problem is, i haven't lifted like this before, and don't know what its going to do.

I know how i want to lift it, and thats what im going to do, how it turns out, is how its gonna be.

Now back to the car
Question

Is it possible to reset parabolic springs?

I have the engine, (pix lata)
New 1HZ out of an 06 100 series.

Now do i need the complete wiring harness or do i only need the harness downstream from the computer?

Will the 75 series harness work?

Do i need the computer from the 100s or from a 79s with the same engine!?

So many questions!

The springs will be the make or break issue in the SOA. I would forget the notion of using reset worn out springs.
I would see Dean at Malaga Suspension or maybe West Coast Springs in Ashfield and get some purpose built springs suitable for SOA.

I think the high arched springs look crap and for the reasons Crushers outlined will not flex too well.SEE BELOW(not too bad but could be a little lower,I think its in Darwin)
The SOA with flattish springs will still have a good sized lift .
I would leave the double hinged shackles alone until the SOA is complete and fully test driven

You do know the cops will put a SOA vehicle off the road as soon as they see it?

The computer doesnt do much if anything on the 1HZ as far as I know.

The cruisers with the 1HD FTE do have some(LOTS) electronics.
For your purposes I would study the electrical schematic in the FSM and get the engine set up like a early 90s 1HZ with just one wire to the fuel cut solenoid.
LC70_2_jpg[1].jpg

Money is a bit tight, as im only an apprentice, so custom springs were more or less out of the question, but i will inquire about them, as work deals with west coast springs fairly often.

i will be running all stock suspension after the SOA to make sure all is well then moding yet again.

Im not rlly worried about cops, as i can get it certified, but if it gets yellowed its ok with me

So all the electric governors are only for fuel shutoff and fuel compensation? and not injection in any kind?

Do i need a computer at all?

Tanx for the speedy reply!

Money is a bit tight, as im only an apprentice, so custom springs were more or less out of the question, but i will inquire about them, as work deals with west coast springs fairly often.

i will be running all stock suspension after the SOA to make sure all is well then moding yet again.

Im not rlly worried about cops, as i can get it certified, but if it gets yellowed its ok with me

So all the electric governors are only for fuel shutoff and fuel compensation? and not injection in any kind?

Do i need a computer at all?

Tanx for the speedy reply!

mate who gave u the false impression that you can get a soa certified?

point me out where it says "NO SOA ON ANY VEHICLE ALLOWED" in the regulations... and ill listen to you..

Having a mate who is soon to be an mechanical engineer is great!

yes.. kon... im talking about you.... i have a favor to ask when your out of your time...

But you prolly already know this rofl

point me out where it says "NO SOA ON ANY VEHICLE ALLOWED" in the regulations... and ill listen to you..

Having a mate who is soon to be an mechanical engineer is great!

yes.. kon... im talking about you.... i have a favor to ask when your out of your time...

But you prolly already know this rofl

spring over give what between6-7" lift, 2" lift in total is the regs for w.a un engineered and even with engineering lane change tests the max is like 150mm, so with the spring over your right on the max lift then what size tyres are u planning on running?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom