ONSC Other Cars Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1965 Ford Mustang - GT350

The first question out of everyones mouth when they see this car: "Is it a real one?" Nope, it's not real, but it was converted by the cars first owner back in Germany in 1965. The former owner was rally driver, Klaus Fritzinger. He bought a Mustang K-Code (same vehicle Shelby started with) and put all the GT350 R parts on it, then took it racing. He had some moderate success with the car in the DARM series in Europe.

Klaus bought a red car; I have a feeling he didn't want a white car. The last picture is at Hockenheim in '67, it's the red car on the left side of the photo. Eventually when I got the car it had been painted white, so I kept it that color. I like the Shelby colors. Though I did go back and forth about going back to red.

We've had a few Mustangs over the years, my Dad and I. All of them are great cars, but this is the best one. One of the others that we had is in the series below. it was an all original '65 convertible, a time capsule car.

I probably won't have the GT350 for much longer, I've been getting it ready to sell. We'll see how that goes.

It will be missed.

View attachment 1916312
View attachment 1916314View attachment 1916315View attachment 1916316
And here I was thinking your mustang would be green...... and on fire :lol:

And here I was thinking your mustang would be green...... and on fire :lol:
Heh! Yeah, it was raced at the Nordschleife and the Südschleife. I think he liked Nürburgring, he took it there a few times and came in second in his class once or twice. I think Hockenheim was his home track since he was from Kaiserslautern, he won there. Long story short, yes I get my 'mud handle from the fact that my Mustang was raced at one of my favorite tracks, the Green Hell :)

Last edited:
Hit me up when you decide to sell.
I have had 2 65's and a 66.
The first 65 was a beater in high school, sold it cheap after it was wrecked.
The second was a 66 "sprint 6" nice, but rusty...A lady came to me and asked if it was for sale, 2 days later it was hers.
The third was a GT350H clone, really pretty, burgundy (not a correct color, but really nice with the gold Hertz stripes) the cops really liked that one, traded it on an 82 Maxima...wish I had kept that one.
I'll try to get some pics, that was way before digital.

Hit me up when you decide to sell.
I have had 2 65's and a 66.
The first 65 was a beater in high school, sold it cheap after it was wrecked.
The second was a 66 "sprint 6" nice, but rusty...A lady came to me and asked if it was for sale, 2 days later it was hers.
The third was a GT350H clone, really pretty, burgundy (not a correct color, but really nice with the gold Hertz stripes) the cops really liked that one, traded it on an 82 Maxima...wish I had kept that one.
I'll try to get some pics, that was way before digital.
Will do.

I love that color scheme on the Hertz cars. Everyone goes for the black and gold. I love that color combo too, but burgundy was amazing. Pretty rare from what I can recall.

The cops like my car too, they've taken a special liking to the area I live in now, especially since we moved here. The car has a Le Mans cam, and the Shelby glass pack side exhaust, it makes a little bit of noise. It also has a Ford 9" Detroit locker in back, so going around corners will make the tires chirp when its engaged. Cops like that too.

You know you've made it in life when your neighbor can afford a McLaren..... :)

Shaun is he giving out test drives???

I haven't even sit in any of em…. id be afraid to....he goes through some cars...rolls Royce, 911gt3, new NSX, then the mclarens, one was 2 weeks old when he hit a deer with it..... hard life...lol

@weejub and better looking...

Has to be the ugliest Porsche, yes?

I'll take this auto:

This guy. @lt1fire holy cow

What a build! He is out of Raleigh.

Yes, Brian owns Fibrenew upholstery in Raleigh. Works on a lot of BMWs. His wagon is a very nice car!

Yes, Brian owns Fibrenew upholstery in Raleigh. Works on a lot of BMWs. His wagon is a very nice car!

Thank you. I wanted to see that 5 series and hear about the M3 Touring he is building.

Wagons.... love then, doesnt really matter the make. As long as it's a manual and a wagon, I'm in love. I saw a RS6 wagon, manual overseas..... fell in love. I think it had the V10 in that one but I may he wrong.

If I could find a cheap 2.7 TT motor to build and take care of all the unreliable parts I'd love to find an avante to stick it in.

1965 Ford Mustang - GT350

The first question out of everyones mouth when they see this car: "Is it a real one?" Nope, it's not real, but it was converted by the cars first owner back in Germany in 1965. The former owner was rally driver, Klaus Fritzinger. He bought a Mustang K-Code (same vehicle Shelby started with) and put all the GT350 R parts on it, then took it racing. He had some moderate success with the car in the DARM series in Europe.

Klaus bought a red car; I have a feeling he didn't want a white car. The last picture is at Hockenheim in '67, it's the red car on the left side of the photo. Eventually when I got the car it had been painted white, so I kept it that color. I like the Shelby colors. Though I did go back and forth about going back to red.

We've had a few Mustangs over the years, my Dad and I. All of them are great cars, but this is the best one. One of the others that we had is in the series below. it was an all original '65 convertible, a time capsule car.

I probably won't have the GT350 for much longer, I've been getting it ready to sell. We'll see how that goes.

It will be missed.

View attachment 1916312
View attachment 1916314View attachment 1916315View attachment 1916316

I want to buy your car, but I have a feeling it'll be out of my price range :lol:

Wagons.... love then, doesnt really matter the make. As long as it's a manual and a wagon, I'm in love. I saw a RS6 wagon, manual overseas..... fell in love. I think it had the V10 in that one but I may he wrong.

If I could find a cheap 2.7 TT motor to build and take care of all the unreliable parts I'd love to find an avante to stick it in.

A manual RS6 wagon is the wagon-lover's unicorn! Too bad the new ones aren't available stateside. I spec'd mine out one day and it was ~$136k!

Although I've never personally owned a wagon, my family loves them. My dad drives a C6 A6 Avant that is lowered and modified that he has put over 100k miles on and is still chugging along. He plans on picking up another wagon in the next year or so. Then my brother has had a couple. Started with a 2005 Legacy GT wagon with Stg. 2 turbo and tune and then picked up a unicorn of a BMW wagon! 2008 BMW 328i sport package with rear wheel drive, 6-speed manual, alpine white over terra leather with low miles. BMW nerds like me know how rare of a wagon that is! I found it for him and loved that car but he sold it when he moved to DC unfortunately. I told him he would never find another...

Now I'm actively searching for the right wagon to add to my stable in the next year or so.

Last edited:

I found him. Going to see the 540 and M3 wagons this weekend. The build is insane.

I am asking him about converting our E350 Wagon to Bluetec. 4Matic tuned diesel would be fun. - He only does BMW.

Last edited:
This is bringing good money, will be interesting to see if it gets past 50k. - I was way off, sold for 72k.

Last edited:
Finally - looks like someone figured it out.

Find clean versions of classics in Spain, offer shipping and undercut every car dealer in a america attempting to take advantage of noob buyers.

Asking them about Land Cruisers.

I've always seen prices in Spain to be higher than other places searched.... will have to read up on this. I know for land rovers they are much more expensive than the UK and seemed a bit higher than AU for cruisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom