OME vs OEM Shocks Best Budget Setup (1 Viewer)

JunkCrzr89

Competent Ignoramoose
SILVER Star
I hate to break the OEM jive here, I also have OME shocks and I think they could be the culprit for the harsh ride. I have about 50k on them and I think I can't stand them anymore.

Thinking about going full on Kings (Icon are harsh too) but really can't justify the price and ROI for a 17 year old truck. Also I don't want to spend $3k on a set of shocks which needs tune up every other years. And I'd rather just replace the shocks than to rebuild them. Before I pull the trigger for OEM for only a couple Benjamin, did anyone have or had experience with the Bilstein 5160 or 4600?
I’ve not run either of those Bilsteins on my 100, but the 4600s actually have slightly less travel than both OEM and OME shocks. Shock Length Thread

Unless you 4wheel really really hard the OEMs are awful nice. I went with the Dobinsons' cause I put a rear bumper on and wanted the full extension with my SPC UCAs in the front.

I hate to break the OEM jive here, I also have OME shocks and I think they could be the culprit for the harsh ride. I have about 50k on them and I think I can't stand them anymore.

Thinking about going full on Kings (Icon are harsh too) but really can't justify the price and ROI for a 17 year old truck. Also I don't want to spend $3k on a set of shocks which needs tune up every other years. And I'd rather just replace the shocks than to rebuild them. Before I pull the trigger for OEM for only a couple Benjamin, did anyone have or had experience with the Bilstein 5160 or 4600?
I've had the bilstein 4600s on a 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche and I really liked how it rode. It felt really planted and was not harsh. I have ordered 4600s for my LX470 and hoping to use them with the 2860 springs and ARB/OME torsion bars for 2" lift.

I've had the bilstein 4600s on a 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche and I really liked how it rode. It felt really planted and was not harsh. I have ordered 4600s for my LX470 and hoping to use them with the 2860 springs and ARB/OME torsion bars for 2" lift.
Hey, I'm thinking of potentially going with the same setup. Only thing is I have a diesel, do you think the OME torsion bars will be suited for the extra weight? I'm not planning on running an aftermarket front bumper for now, so I figured that should be reasonable weight for it to handle - thoughts on that? Also are the 2860s designed to hold more weight than the 2865s?

For those of you have swapped out the OME shocks with OEM shocks, can you please share what additional bushings or retainers you had to also purchase? Are any of those that are installed with the OME reusable? I'm ready to make the switch because I can't take the jarring any more as I don't have any extra weight on my truck. Thank you in advance for your help!

For those of you have swapped out the OME shocks with OEM shocks, can you please share what additional bushings or retainers you had to also purchase? Are any of those that are installed with the OME reusable? I'm ready to make the switch because I can't take the jarring any more as I don't have any extra weight on my truck. Thank you in advance for your help!
I got the list off the forums here and it worked perfectly. Ome bushings not as good as toyota, nice and comfortable

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom