om617/606 questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
im looking to swap either a om617 or a 606 in to a vehicle and had some questions. I want a lot of power idealy 500hp but be happy with 350-400hp.
OM606
What dose it take to swap it?
Hrness and computer?
Can you put a mechanical injection pump (603 pump?)
Dooing this would i avoid the electronics
Would I loose potential horse power with a mechanical pump? Is there a manual trans available in the states?

OM617
How much power can they make?

OM617 can't do that. OM606 can probably do 500hp, but not for long and you'll be smoke propelled.

What is the application?

Forget 617, 606 is way to go.
Yes you can and i recommend to go with mech 603 pump.

Mersuforum.net • katso viestiketjua - Hello from Northern BC Canada
Mersuforum.net • katso viestiketjua - OM.606 Turbo engine into W123?
Mersuforum.net • katso viestiketjua - Help with 300td 24v (OM606) swap
Mersuforum.net • katso viestiketjua - Injectionpump 300turbo or non turbo300 for 7mm
Mersuforum.net • katso viestiketjua - Small power increase - W124 300D OM603.960

.. tons of 606 info on finnish forums, i linked you some i found in english, google 'om606 superturbo' for more.
You will find out that 350 or even 400hp is easily accessible, without opening the engine.

The application is not 4x4. With the 606 and the 603 pump would wiring be just as easy as wiring a 617?

Well not being a 4x4 you won't need as much low end torque so you can go bigger with turbo size. That'll help your power goals. IMO the turbos that many are using on these engines aren't suited.

Anyone hung a 2056 VL turbo on a 606, suppose to have low rpm boost for 4x4 crawl, or what is the go to turbo for a 606 with a M-IP pump for more power.

Anyone hung a 2056 VL turbo on a 606, suppose to have low rpm boost for 4x4 crawl, or what is the go to turbo for a 606 with a M-IP pump for more power.
Depends how much power you want and what tradeoffs you are willing to accept.

Wastegated turbos produce more power than vnt. But vnt have a wider operating range.

Ok, I have not read of 606
Conversions on Mud I know there are many blogs with 2 wheel mods but I am looking for answers to get boost starting at 1800 and topped out at say 3k. Bigger turbos keep the EGTs down and have been made aware the 2056 VL which is a water and oil cooled unite might be a good candidate. It not, are you privy to what is the go to for 4x4 users for increased HP/torque. Europeans are getting easily 250 HP of these engines W/O opening them up that is with a M-IP an alda valve and injectors.

Ok, I have not read of 606
Conversions on Mud I know there are many blogs with 2 wheel mods but I am looking for answers to get boost starting at 1800 and topped out at say 3k. Bigger turbos keep the EGTs down and have been made aware the 2056 VL which is a water and oil cooled unite might be a good candidate. It not, are you privy to what is the go to for 4x4 users for increased HP/torque. Europeans are getting easily 250 HP of these engines W/O opening them up that is with a M-IP an alda valve and injectors.

Max power on an engine like this is going to be more like 4000rpm in a state with a good power band. If you are only going for high end power (i.e. dyno queen) then you can push rpm higher with oversize turbos and deliver more impressive numbers but at the expense of overall performance. Basically the low end and mid range will suck more than the top end can make up for.

Get some wheel sizes for the 2056VL and I'll tell you what I think it can do.

BTW it's smaller turbos which keep the EGT's down. High EGT is caused by not enough boost.

Here is the impeller size on the 2056 43mm,56 mm
What do you think ?...

That'll hit the wall around 36 lb/min of airflow. That's not enough.

To run a clean 300hp on a 606 you'll need around ~44 lb/min and 40psi boost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom