Builds OKADVENTURES GX470 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

265/70s Wildpeaks on stock suspension will take you everywhere you really need to go and a lot of places you don't.
IMG_2330.JPG

Well unfortunately it looks like the Gates TB/Water Pump kit done in 01/2021 is failing already. I am going to have the spark plugs replaced too since I do not know if/when they were last done. So here is a list of my RockAuto order for the repairs that I am having done:
  • Aisin (TKT021) Timing Belt, Water Pump & Component Kit
  • Bando (6PK2240) Drive Belt
  • Denso (3297) Spark Plugs
  • Tuff Support (613070) Lift Supports

This is eating into my lift budget!

Well unfortunately it looks like the Gates TB/Water Pump kit done in 01/2021 is failing already. I am going to have the spark plugs replaced too since I do not know if/when they were last done. So here is a list of my RockAuto order for the repairs that I am having done:

Did you do the install? What are the indications it's failing? Leaking water pump?

I would see if there is any kind of warranty involved. 10 months is not acceptable!

There is a warranty probably, but I don’t trust taking it back to a shop that I don’t know and that used a non-OEM kit.

I have a mechanic that I trust that I am going to use for the job.
That's true, but perhaps at least they would offer a refund on the parts.

265/70s Wildpeaks on stock suspension will take you everywhere you really need to go and a lot of places you don't.
View attachment 2812035
Liking the Wildpeaks on the GX? We have those on our subaru and they work quite well, but the vehicle is a different animal. I really want Klevers but may have to get 255/80s from Falken as I really want the 3Peak design for driving all around in Colorado winters on the highways.

Liking the Wildpeaks on the GX? We have those on our subaru and they work quite well, but the vehicle is a different animal. I really want Klevers but may have to get 255/80s from Falken as I really want the 3Peak design for driving all around in Colorado winters on the highways.
I’ve only had them on for a few weeks but so far so good! It did take them 2 tries to get them balanced but I bought them from discount tire and they have road force balancing and that got them balanced the second time.

I have 15k on them and have been very happy. However, they kind of suck in mud and deep snow if they aren't aired down. At 15 psi they are a very capable tire. The 4 ply version also rides really nice and is cheap.

Dropped the truck off with the mechanic last night to do this work. Hopefully have it back later this week!

Dropped the truck off with the mechanic last night to do this work. Hopefully have it back later this week!
The truck is back in the garage and running good! My Teyes CC3 order was delivered today, not sure I'll have time to get it installed this weekend, may have to be next!

What was the price for this cup holder? I remember the time when there was only 1 option. Now there's a few.
GX470 Cup Holder on Ebay

$80, which is higher than some of the others, but what is different about this one is it is a complete replacement for the whole cup holder assembly, not just something you lay on top of the existing cup holder. I like this better, but it is double the price of others.

Something similar happened to me when I got my GX470 back in 2017. The PO said the TB/WP were done. Since my radiator was seeping pink coolant, I decided to replace all the cooling system (radiator, thermostat, hoses, cap, wp/tb, etc.). When my mechanic took out the water pump, it was an aftermarket one with a broken bolt that got stuck. So, unless you can check yourself...don't assume that the PO did it with OEM parts.

GX470 Cup Holder on Ebay

$80, which is higher than some of the others, but what is different about this one is it is a complete replacement for the whole cup holder assembly, not just something you lay on top of the existing cup holder. I like this better, but it is double the price of others.
Like the GX logo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom