ok...i'm gonna do it. Don't stop me. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 95 Chrysler LHS PLUS $1750 for this 73 Cruiser .

Should i do it? Saw it earlier today...has a 4spd with a trigger that increases the rpms (for crawling?). We don't have any info about the V8 conversion, but it starts and runs great. Truck ran solid. Frame doesn't APPEAR to have much, if any surface rust. THe body looks kinda beat up, but nothing a little sanding and paint won't take care of. Probably needs new front fenders. Why doesn't this one have the lights on the fender?

Just a few last minute questions:

what are Burfields?

The floor pan has rust. There is a hole near the driver foot well. What can i do to patch that up?

i'm assuming the tranny and discs all they around are mods, right?

IS IT WORTH IT!!!????

Basically, I want a rig that could be a decent DD (it won't be, but will likely used it in MN winters). What hardtops and doors will fit this rig?

If i buy it, i'd be willing to trade the wheels and tires for a smaller set up plus either a little cash or maybe a hardtop and doors.

Ok....let me know so that I can join this club!

Murad

looks decent, but not much for a daily driver i dont think - not by my standards anyways... I have a hard time swallowing that they want your car + cash. I would think they should be paying you a bit extra if they are only asking $3400 for the truck outright.

Get the Cruiser and never look back!!
I paid $5,500 for a rusted rig with 300,000 miles on it. I replaced the wiring harness becouse I had too and have had the best time with this truck. The people in this forum will talk you through anything you may have to do, give you great advice on what you should do, and make your ass off in the process. I have enjoyed my cruiser (oct 74 fj40) more than any other car, truck, or suv that I have ever owned.
Birfields are like kingpins or balljoints I believe, 4 wheel disk brakes are a mod, it came with 4 wheel drums.
If it were me, I would be all over that truck. I see the wiring in the pics and it scares me. It will need to be wired correctly to be safe. iT looks like the soft top is brand new. The doors and soft top are worth $1000 alone,,maybe a little less, The tires look good, There is no way you can go wrong. If I lived near him I would already own the rig.
Whatever you choose, good luck to you, Clark

It's SOA so smaller tires may not look too good.

Not the best option for DD. Looks like a capable trail rig though.

for minnesota, rust really doesnt' look all that bad. all the replacement panels can be purchased through places like cool cruisers or liquid off road. make sure everything works!!!

go for it, you'll love the cruiser in the winter. Replacement floorpans aren't too hard to come by and are pretty easy to install.

Buy an FJ60 for a daily driver and Wheel that FJ40! It looks like it was built as a trail truck and probably rides like poop on the road.

WOW...once again, great advice.

I'm also on a BMW forum and those a-holes flame you every chance they get. Most are kids (or acting like them) who want to show off a little a e-macho....so i really appreciate the sound advice here.

Surprisingly, the rig runs straight and easy on the road to 70 mph. I'd be willing to trade the softtop and doors for a hardtop and doors if i get it. I think i'm gonna do it :)

Is an SOA safe? It has an aftermarket roll cage. Will a hardtop fit over it?

Price wise, the LHS is a loss for me. Not worth much to me anyways.
Thanks everyone.

I say get it. Its fun to fix things here and there. as long as it runs when you get it your ahead. Who buys a cruiser and keeps it like they got it anyway? not many. Buy it and have fun.

I've got a couple hardtops and sets of doors from '79's that I'd sell or trade to you... might be interested in the soft top and/or tires and wheels. Plus I'm just a few hours down the road in des moines so we could meet to do the deal.

lemme know

eric

I believe a 79 top will go on a 73 tub no problem, as will the driver/passenger doors, but that the rear would need new hinge mounting holes for the 73 upper hatch to attach to the 79 tub if you're going to use that. Otherwise you could go with amby doors and I'm not sure if the hinge attachment holes in the tub for the original 73 split tailgate would mate up with the lower hinge of an amby door.

someone out there know this stuff definitively??

life's too short anyway.....if you're already set that LHS is a loss [sorry, but you "lost" the day you bought it!!!!] then what ELSE do you have to lose? Sounds to me like you'd be gaining a Cruiser. Tell him $1500 CASH because you've got to hunt down a hard top.

Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom