ok, got my biatch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, pulled the trigger. 'Nuf hunting.

97fzj80.jpg

It's not a 40th or CE, but I'm not sure what options it has (other than obvious lockers, moonroof, 3rd row seating, tow pkg, cass+CD). Was told "all options", but I take that with a grain of salt.

Lots o' questions: Does anyone have a full maintanence check list I should go through? check VC, Birf's, roofrack rust, etc? I'll shortly be ordering some parts, like CDL, FSM, center caps (?), guess it's best through C-dan?

Any suggestions on giving the 2nd row passengers another inch or two of legroom? (Oops, shoulda checked that before buying a damn 80 series, IknowIknow).

Any comments on the center caps? I'm missing one-- I imagine Toyota replacements are expensive. Anything reasonable aftermarket? Not looking for all new rims just yet.

Later,
Kenton

Congrates Kenton. ;)

For sure Dan's the man. I'd spend some time reading old posts here. You'll find one on maintance schedule of others. If the birf's haven't been done than that's probably first on the list. For other stuff I'd say it depends on what the PO had done.

In my case I focused on birf's, inspecting roof rack rust (none yet), diff breather extensions, power steering pump flush (noticed it was darkish) and now OME suspension.

I've only had my truck for 2.5 months and I love it.

Riley

P.S. Dan can get you the mud flaps you're going to need on the front for when you rip off the running boards. That was like my first task. ::)

Oh and nice truck, sounds like you got a deal.

Kenton,

Love that color combo. :D

-B-

Thanks guys. Beowulf, regarding the color: are you saying it isn't stock? What color is it? I call it gray/dark gray, but my wife rolls her eyes and says it is probably something like slate, champagne, sage (something weird like that). I only know primary colors. I asked if it had been repainted etc, they said no, and the carfax was clean.

Kenton,

Any comments on the center caps? I'm missing one-- I imagine Toyota replacements are expensive. Anything reasonable aftermarket? Not looking for all new rims just yet.

I have extra used center caps, not totally bad but not new. If you want it, let me know.

One thing -- it looks like you've got aftermarket seats -- your LC likely came with cloth (as mine did) -- no biggie -- they're probably in better shape -- and if you're lucky, they've got seat-heaters -- !!

:)

e

I believe that is Moonglow! The paint color that is.

Kenton,
That is the highly sought after Desert Dune metallic over Moonglow Pearl. An outstanding selection, if I say so myself, and much more elegant than the mundane Emerald Green that most 80s are painted. :D

-B-
( ... and Yes, that's the color combo on Pristine.)

[quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=7061;start=msg58537#msg58537 date=1067895032]
Kenton,
That is the highly sought after Desert Dune metallic over Moonglow Pearl. An outstanding selection, if I say so myself, and much more elegant than the mundane Emerald Green that most 80s are painted. :D

-B-
( ... and Yes, that's the color combo on Pristine.)
[/quote]

I think the color combo makes it look like a Trooper... :)

e

Eric,

I owe you one for that remark. :D

-B-

B-

Keep that up and yer gonna be diggin' one of my emerald green slippers outa yer arse. :cheers:

You're just jelous 'cuz you couldn't find a nice green one :flipoff2:

I noticed you have a S/C in your 93. I am stuck trying to figure out my options on how to evaluate force inductions options for pre 95-97 models since the Safari intercooled turbo charger kit only works on 95-97. Can you talk to me about this?

[quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=7061;start=msg58537#msg58537 date=1067895032]
much more elegant than the mundane Emerald Green that most 80s are painted. :D
[/quote]

hey...... I resemble that remark...... :slap:

Nice rig !!

Now you need a cool box and rear AC :D

Mike

Thanks guys, I'm pretty geeked about it. Gotta get those brushguards off soon.
Asiarider, by coolbox you mean a rear fridge/freezer that runs off 12V? Is that a Toyota item? I've seen some aftermarket. I'm also looking at a rear lockbox/drawer system.
Still haven't figured out how to tell if the front axle needs service, beyond the usual diff-oil-in-grease or lack of grease on the friction surfaces. From the online service descriptions I've read, the only way to get grease to the inners is a complete teardown and rebuild! Yikes.

Kenton

Asiarider is in Thailand and fortunate to have a non US model with tons of non US OEM options such as a center console which is a "fridge" and rear A/C :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom