Oil Filter Conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Mine is an E68 FJ40 F engine with canister type oil filter on left side of engine.
Interested in the oil filter conversion to bracket/hoses/screw on filter.
Wanna get the old outa there since Im upgrading with F-disc brakes/power steering.
Anyone tell me where this bracket for the screw on filter mounts on the F engine?
Thanks
Chip

On a stock 1968 F145 engine the oil filter bracket mounts to a rectangular plate which in turn is bolted to the side of the intake manifold, which is a wide runner manifold with 4 bolts on the outboard side of the manifold, just below the carb insulator.

If this description does not match your engine, that would be the source of your confusion.

Also note that if you purchase an aftermarket oil filter adapter, it may not fit on this plate. Your best bet would be to try and get one from the 'wanted' section here, or deal with a vendor who understands what you are looking for. ;)

Best

Mark A.

Appreciate your comeback Mark.
I see how the filter canister mounts. Im looking to replace it with an aftermarket adapter so I can move it from an increasingly congested workspace.
The question I have is, is there a typical place where the adapter / screw on filter is mounted, or can it be mounted at the discretion of where the hoses will reach /and/or my desire.
I see theres only one aftermarket supplier of these mods, so Ill give them a call.
Thanks again.
Chip

My PO mounted the hose filter bracket combination on the tub sheet metal, next to the clutch master cylinder. I suppose you do it anywhere it's convenient.

I am contemplating converting my original oil canister to a modern screw in type using SOR's conversion kit. What are the pros and cons. Is this the best option?

What year is your cruiser? Do you think you will ever want to run a header?

Best

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom