SOLD Oil Cooler/passenger side splash guard for a 55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Year
l added an oil cooler to my 77 FJ55, and the OEM splash guard does not work with the oil cooler in place...
Anyone have a spare I'm your huckleberry.. Price plus shipping to Jax FL 32207
Thanks

Last edited:
Let me look, no 77 ? But a 76
That's a 'do-er' for me... ! ...
If you have it I'll send my shipping 411...
I have misplaced my brake line protector, I removed it and now ... who knows.. it bolts to the inside passenger frame where the lines come down from the firewall... about 4"x4"... if you would have it and would be willing to sell it as well..
Thank you much...

Scratch the brake line protector... Found it..! But in for the splash guard if it's there...

Last edited:
That's a 'do-er' for me... ! ...
If you have it I'll send my shipping 411...
I have misplaced my brake line protector, I removed it and now ... who knows.. it bolts to the inside passenger frame where the lines come down from the firewall... about 4"x4"... if you would have it and would be willing to sell it as well..
Thank you much...

Scratch the brake line protector... Found it..! But in for the splash guard if it's there...
First, thanks to Pigeaten for trying to hook me up w the correct splash shield... Unfortunately no luck and I'm back in the hunt for one..
If anyone has one cost and shipping to 32207, FL....

The two pics are the oil cooler splash guard I'm looking for....

splash guard 1.jpg

splash guard 2.jpg

There were options for the FJ55, including w and w/o an oil cooler for the 77 2F motors.
The oil cooler option requires a smaller, different shaped splash guard than the non oil cooler option...
My thought is most are long gone as w a lot of other pieces in the sty world... I can cut my non oil cooler splash guard to fit but would rather not.
Anyone looking to swap ??
An identifier for the passenger side splash guard is it's the only splash guard that has a 'washer' welded on the top side to accommodate the brake line splitter to be bolted on the top side of the frame....
Thanks for looking...

Maybe, I really don't know...obvious different markets w Europe, Asia, Australia, S.A., but not certain all U.S. models were created equal.. my May 77 red/white came w an oil cooler and chrome (small detail I know) interior door handle pull covers as opposed to black plastic, which my May 77 grn/white had, w/o the oil cooler...One was a Cali truck, the other's life was started on the west coast but not in Cali I believe.. So possible oil cooler was an option as were the door handle inserts (black plastic or chrome)??
I certainly agree the 2F is tough enough to function w/ and w/o the oil cooler.. I thought I read in some thread where you were going to put one on your 77...
In my case I had purchased all the parts, some several years ago (oil filter bracket, oil cooler, thermostat) so when I learned the water pump was questionable I pulled the trigger and put an early 80's thermostat on as well w all the other components... Not certain there's an advantage... why not?

That's definitely the passenger side shield... That washer on the bottom end is where the brake line splitter bolts thru to the frame...
Looks like it's been cut a bit but that's the best offer I've had...Sending a message...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom