Oil Bath Breather (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oil bath air filter?

Regardless most 40 & 55, non-cosmetic parts are interchangable when talking about the same series power plant.

Not an expert just obsessed!

If by breather you are talkng about the air cleaner chances are no it will not work. That's if your talking about your 71 FJ55 and it has the OEM two barrel carburator. Most all oil bath air cleaners in this country are from the earlier one barrel carburators. The opening will not fit the two barrel carburators. Check the opening to be sure.:cheers:

Coincidentally there is another thread discussing fender mounted oil bath filters. Maybe check it out for sources of new units or means of identifying aused one that will work for you.

the fsm has this one as being the right one.

oil bath breather.jpg
oil bath breather.jpg

Would that be a Land Cruiser FSM or a F engine FSM? Looks like a air cleaner for a old FA not a FJ. The FA is a truck not a cruiser. The only time I've any thing like that on a cruiser was a early FJ25.

Would that be a Land Cruiser FSM or a F engine FSM? Looks like a air cleaner for a old FA not a FJ. The FA is a truck not a cruiser. The only time I've any thing like that on a cruiser was a early FJ25.

i think it came out of the engine fsm

it had fj40/45 on one page

and fa? on another i think

then the page with fj55 stuff, i think it looks right. looks like it should mount to the existing/stock air cleaner mounts

of course i have been really hit and miss with this stuff the last couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom