Oh Oh! Rig Wont Start!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
youtube.com
well, i get out of work early to get my truck smogged and ready for Baja this weekend. I decide to do a good deed for the smog guy and clean the engine a little. Sprayed on my favorie gunk engine foam, let soak 5 mins, sprayed with hose (done this same procedure on my rigs) and now the thing wont start at all! Turns and Turns and Turns (seems faster then usual), but no luck! Doesnt even sound like it wants to start (sounds like no fuel). I Checked the fuses and all are ok

Any ideas? I am kinda stuck, it is sitting 1/2 way into the street! :D

Last edited:
after you check/dry the dist cap, if it starts but runs like crap, check for water under the plug wire caps.

It would be good to know what year your truck is??

DougM

I'd suggest you get to know your truck a bit better before taking it to Baja.

Got It!

Thanks guys, i pulled this dist and dryed it and whammo

Thanks

Lets hope it passes smog!

and you just bought this truck right?

Boston Mangler said:
Got It!

Thanks guys, i pulled this dist and dryed it and whammo

Thanks

Lets hope it passes smog!

That's great - a well maintained LC should have no problems at all unless your O2 sensors are fawked. That's the only time I ever failed the Republic of Kalifornia's smog. Replaced sensors and passed with flying colors! Don't sweat it.

Rich said:

Ditto.

Truck Just Passed Smog with Flying colors!

Thanks for the heads up! That was the next thing i was going to check (really) and I am glad it worked! Runs great now!

Note To Self: Cover Dist when washing engine area!

Rich said:

I agree with ya 100%

:D

I sure it will be fun when you get to Baja. I was there a couple of years ago in the winter time. Would have been a bit interesting if I had to find auto service in the remote regions.

My buddy driving behind me said the exhuast from the Cruiser smelled really nasty when climbing the hills. I think maybe their gas has a bit more sulfer than here in the US. Didn't have any performance problems with the fuel.

If you haven't seen it, the Baja Almanac is a must have map for Baja. There is a map store in San Diego that carries it and a bunch of other Baja books. Don't remember their name, must be in the yellow pages. All they sell are maps and travel books.

Thanks Guys and All is well now! Truck runs great and passed smog with flying colors!

Landtank, yes, i am pretty sure that oring is shot, and i will be ordering a new one soon!

As for Baja, i simply love it down there: Just pitted for the 3rd place team in the 500 and 2 weeks before that went camping near Ensenada. Here are some pics:

http://www.yankeetoys.org/mangler/baja500.htm
and
http://www.yankeetoys.org/mangler/mexico05.htm

I am going to purchase this software for my GPS that has all the maps of Baja. It looks pretty good and useful!

http://www.gmap.com.mx/ba/index.htm

And YES, you are 100% correct about the extra sulphur in their gas! Best to fuel up and bring as much as you can with you! I am seriously thinking about a long range tank as well someday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom