Official LX570s Picture Thread (56 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Jason Andrews sharp looking rig!!! Did you have to do body mount relocation too?
Thanks. With 35s it never rubbed the unmodified body mount. Didn’t relocate, but a pretty decent chop for the 37s. Mostly inboard towards the frame. I can post a photo of it at some point. It does rub the sway bar at full lock, but not too worried about it.

Thanks. With 35s it never rubbed the unmodified body mount. Didn’t relocate, but a pretty decent chop for the 37s. Mostly inboard towards the frame. I can post a photo of it at some point. It does rub the sway bar at full lock, but not too worried about it.
Good to know! Thx

Correct. 30 to start, I highly doubt a stock arm cruiser will ever produce enough droop to blow out a cv on the down stroke. But who knows. I find the sway bar to be the limiting factor in a substantial way.

30mm and the upper control arm just touched the coil at full droop. I’m hoping that the 24mm will position me between the spring coil. If that’s the case it will actually produce more droop without a front sway bar. Uniball uppers without a sway bar would be the next step.

I think with the front sway bar mounted. Anything over 18mm serves zero purpose in increasing droop.

For what it’s worth. I’ve been beating the hell out of this front end for a few months now and no sign of wear, failure or binding.

Gotta disconnect my links at some point and see how she behaves.
Sway bar on the LX is smaller than LC to begin with, as @bloc and I measured.
Im going with adjustable link extensions just out of caution.
But yes, my sway bar is too taught as well, I found a lot more play during my last disassembly as the link bottom bolt is the first one i take out. It is doing work, not sure how much to extend though.

No-one answered my thread regarding the LC link length though. For an easy compariso. It may be longer? Not too confident it would be though. The difference in bar design probably covers that discrepancy.

From last weekend's trip to high sierra near Kirkwood-CA.

LX-Kirkwood-CA.jpg

Very nice. Did you have to modify anything for the wheel/tire combo? Any rubbing at all?
I removed front mud flaps and I’m still rubbing full lock on the front liner only in reverse and with AHC sensor lift. Rears no issue. 275/70/18 + spidertrax spacers 1.25”

Last edited:
Felt an urge to park next to a fellow cruiserhead at work. Don't know the owner. May have flexed a bit by throwing her in AHC H.

1670720865797.png

The 12.5 tire width really hides the additional camber gain well…

@grinchy, the skinniest 35s I recall, can you post a similar shot?
I’ll go look for a 100

Exploring Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National forest this weekend:

lEuWoea.jpg

kj27Ilu.jpg
Just looking back at some of these pics...some of the places (like the one posted here) are so incredibly beautiful! To have access and to be able to confidently, comfortably and safely drive our trucks to such places is the NUMBER ONE reason my wife and I have our LX570 (2015).
Many of the photo's and places members of this forum have posted about are simply incredible. I know some folks don't like to share there perfect get-a-way locations but what a great resource when they do.

The below pic is from Bowman Lake (Northwest Glacier National Park, Montana) Road to the Lake and camp area is a forest road that one can access just to the east of Polebridge, Mt. (very cool little off the grid town) Not at all challenging for the LX. Road can be a bit rough and corrugated. LX is so capable and the ride makes it even more enjoyable. Amazing place to camp and hike!

F0B3266B-8F2A-4886-AE84-9478D54B50F9_1_201_a.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom