Official LX570s Picture Thread (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_2995.jpeg

Awesome pics. Whats it like towing the airstream? My friends that have one usually dont even like pulling it with a 1/2 ton pickup and gravitate to the 3/4 ton diesels. But interested in your persepctive. I am sure mpg is atrocious.

Awesome pics. Whats it like towing the airstream? My friends that have one usually dont even like pulling it with a 1/2 ton pickup and gravitate to the 3/4 ton diesels. But interested in your persepctive. I am sure mpg is atrocious.
My Airstream is relatively small 23 ft (~6,000 lbs) and tows great with a weight distributing hitch. I've had it for a few years and have logged thousands of miles including several trips to Colorado. I don't really have anything to compare it to, but I've had zero problems. And yes, mileage is bad. On a good day I get 10-11mpg with BFG KO2s, but on this last trip it was really windy and I got 8mpg. However, the wind had no effect on handling. The only thing I could wish for would be better engine braking.

If you search this forum you will see that many agree.

A bunch of us on here tow 6k-7k+ campers many miles with a 200. There are a few threads start here

My Airstream is relatively small 23 ft (~6,000 lbs) and tows great with a weight distributing hitch. I've had it for a few years and have logged thousands of miles including several trips to Colorado. I don't really have anything to compare it to, but I've had zero problems. And yes, mileage is bad. On a good day I get 10-11mpg with BFG KO2s, but on this last trip it was really windy and I got 8mpg. However, the wind had no effect on handling. The only thing I could wish for would be better engine braking.

If you search this forum you will see that many agree.
Are you on stock gears?

A bunch of us on here tow 6k-7k+ campers many miles with a 200. There are a few threads start here

Thanks. Currently debating if I should get a trailer of some sort or just ho and get a full size diesel with some sort of camper on it.

I am running 33s and a bit heavy and most likely will change gearing soon. And want to make the move to 34s

Thanks. Currently debating if I should get a trailer of some sort or just ho and get a full size diesel with some sort of camper on it.

I am running 33s and a bit heavy and most likely will change gearing soon. And want to make the move to 34s
I’m on stock gears and 33’s in my ‘13 LX. Tow a 2016 ORV 22BHS (~6800 lbs) 10-15k miles a summer all over Alaska and NW Canada. Have done so for 7 summers. Had a 23’ AS for 8 years before this camper. The LX tows great. I get 8.5-9.5 mpg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom