Official LX570s Picture Thread (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey, that looks great! I really like the bumper; what's the mode #l for it? Also, are you running all that on the stock suspension?

Bumpers are Dissent, invoice states "2014 lx570 new style aluminum front bumper with 6” sae and 30” sae cutouts" + " Lx570 rear aluminum base bumper"

I only have the sensor lift so far suspension-wise. I have a decent amount of aluminum bolt-ons which is keeping weight down and I removed the third row. I foresee spring spacers in the rear but I feel confident that AHC don't care :hillbilly: -- see 1world1love, radman

I foresee spring spacers in the rear but I feel confident that AHC don't care :hillbilly: -- see 1world1love, radman
I took a 3k mile road trip in January while rolling over 8,100lbs (4900 of that on the rear axle). I would say that I was right on the line of the AHC limits - certain times it wouldn't even lift from N to Hi.

Here's the break down of most of my gear:

Front:
Dissent Front: 20lbs (net of ditching crash bar and plastics). I believe the new LX version is 10-20lbs heavier
Winch: 77lbs (includes rope, control box, fairlead, hardware)
Adapt Light bar: 23 lbs
2nd Optima Yellow: 44lbs
ARB Twin + tray : 20 + 17lbs = 37

Mid:
Prinsu: 61lbs (need to deduct stock rack)
4 x Prinsu load panels: 20lbs
BFG KO2 33"--> 35": 13lbs x 4 = 52lbs
iKamper Skycamp 2.0 RTT: 155lbs
Yakima Cargo Box: 60lbs
Batwing Compact: 40lbs
Water cannon: 25lbs + water

(24 x 6.3lbs aux gas) = 151
(10 gallons x 8.3lbs water) = 83
family of 6 = 510lbs

Rear Axle
Dissent Rear: 140lbs
Spare tire: 20lbs net (stock 20" 285/55 @ 80lbs vs 305/70/18 @ 100lbs)
LRA 24: 130lbs + gas
Traction Tracks: 13lbs
Yakima bike rack: 20lbs

I don't remember any of the fancy physics formulas, but my tongue weight was 250lbs pushed out 18”.
18” hitch extension: 20lbs
Curt Hitch Basket: 55lbs
Basket Load: 155lbs + ~25lbs of food in the yeti when fully loaded.

it might be time for an overland trailer??

D159CC39-9109-434D-A5B7-EC0DA32430F2.jpeg

Last edited:
I took a 3k mile road trip in January while rolling over 8,100lbs (4900 of that on the rear axle). I would say that I was right on the line of the AHC limits - certain times it wouldn't even lift from N to Hi.

Here's the break down of most of my gear:

Front:
Dissent Front: 20lbs (net of ditching crash bar and plastics). I believe the new LX version is 10-20lbs heavier
Winch: 77lbs (includes rope, control box, fairlead, hardware)
Adapt Light bar: 23 lbs
2nd Optima Yellow: 44lbs
ARB Twin + tray : 20 + 17lbs = 37

Mid:
Prinsu: 61lbs (need to deduct stock rack)
4 x Prinsu load panels: 20lbs
BFG KO2 33"--> 35": 13lbs x 4 = 52lbs
iKamper Skycamp 2.0 RTT: 155lbs
Yakima Cargo Box: 60lbs
Batwing Compact: 40lbs
Water cannon: 25lbs + water

(24 x 6.3lbs aux gas) = 151
(10 gallons x 8.3lbs water) = 83
family of 6 = 510lbs

Rear Axle
Dissent Rear: 140lbs
Spare tire: 20lbs net (stock 20" 285/55 @ 80lbs vs 305/70/18 @ 100lbs)
LRA 24: 130lbs + gas
Traction Tracks: 13lbs
Yakima bike rack: 20lbs

I don't remember any of the fancy physics formulas, but my tongue weight was 250lbs pushed out 18”.
18” hitch extension: 20lbs
Curt Hitch Basket: 55lbs
Basket Load: 155lbs + ~25lbs of food in the yeti when fully loaded.

it might be time for an overland trailer??

View attachment 2672054
All that and no sliders? 😆 It's a nice rig, though, for sure. After I get the tires in the new rims it's on to the rack; I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the Prinsu. How do you like it?

All that and no sliders? 😆 It's a nice rig, though, for sure. After I get the tires in the new rims it's on to the rack; I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the Prinsu. How do you like it?
with 35s, sensor lift, and height offset lift, i go over all the rocks without dragging on top of them!

Prinsu is awesome. Except I didn't know Dissent had a roof rack when i got it. I didn't really NEED a roof rack until i got the iKamper, and I'll admit that my main driver was for aesthetic reasons. Since the side rails are thin, there are 2 issues that arent really mentioned in the other roof rack discussions - 1) if you plan on getting a self supporting awning, it's not strong enough. 2) run a sewing string from the front crossbar to the rear to make sure it's perfectly flat when you install it. I had to go back and adjust for the RTT.

if you're not going for the RTT, and are not after the aesthetics, I would now argue that a stock Land cruiser rack with additional crossbars is the way to go. that or Dissent ($1275+150 shipping)

with 35s, sensor lift, and height offset lift, i go over all the rocks without dragging on top of them!

Prinsu is awesome. Except I didn't know Dissent had a roof rack when i got it. I didn't really NEED a roof rack until i got the iKamper, and I'll admit that my main driver was for aesthetic reasons. Since the side rails are thin, there are 2 issues that arent really mentioned in the other roof rack discussions - 1) if you plan on getting a self supporting awning, it's not strong enough. 2) run a sewing string from the front crossbar to the rear to make sure it's perfectly flat when you install it. I had to go back and adjust for the RTT.

if you're not going for the RTT, and are not after the aesthetics, I would now argue that a stock Land cruiser rack with additional crossbars is the way to go. that or Dissent ($1275+150 shipping)
Ok, so what's a height offset lift? Oh, and thanks for the advice on the rack; I may have to look into the Dissent one.

Ok, so what's a height offset lift? Oh, and thanks for the advice on the rack; I may have to look into the Dissent one.

I've forgotten the exact measurements, but i'm effectively 2.75" taller than stock in normal height. 1' from physical sensor lift, .75" from HOU, and 1" from tires. High mode raises another 1.5" for parking lot posing.

Had a Sevenmile Mothers Day in Moab. My mom took most of the pics. Brought along my friend and his fam in their v8 4th gen. Camped at Mineral Point then did Sevenmile Rim. Great time!

What's the spec on your DakarZero wheels and what size tires? Looks great.

Thanks! They are 17x8 +40 offset wrapped in 285/70r17 c load ko2s.

View attachment 2673193

That section of Sevenmile looks so much less sketchy in photos than it does in real life. I remember approaching it like "there's no way that's the trail." It turned out not to be a big deal at all even though the track looks to be 45 degrees from a distance.

sevenmile.jpg

That section of Sevenmile looks so much less sketchy in photos than it does in real life. I remember approaching it like "there's no way that's the trail." It turned out not to be a big deal at all even though the track looks to be 45 degrees from a distance.

View attachment 2673245
Right?? I dropped it "lo" when I took Silver over it😆 A 2 door tj with big lift and 35s did it before us and I definitely wouldn't have wanted to be in it. Feels so sketchy but my phone clinometer only said 18 degrees.

20210509_162147.jpg

With an LX you can put it in low mode to lower you center of gravity on off camber trails like this. :cool:

With an LX you can put it in low mode to lower you center of gravity on off camber trails like this. :cool:

I was “dropping it low” to sneak the RTT underneath branches on the last trail I drove.

I find more and more advantages to the LX over the LC

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom