AHC Height Offset Utility How-To (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Height Offset can adjust a maximum of .8", so you move the physical sensors first, and then you have .8 to play with.

• 1mm of movement on the sensor equates to 2mm on the rig.
  • In theory, assuming there’s enough stoke in the shocks, you might be able to add .8” on top of the “sensor lift” method (move the screws to the bottom (front) and top (rear)).
Step 1: Find Level Ground. I'm not sure how picky the rig is, so I'm within 1/4" on all 4 corners using various thicknesses of wood.
F2857F37-C97A-4CAE-A8C6-E7F4E5BDEBA8.jpeg

6959201A-6EBD-4179-B61E-ED5C4EE690F1.jpeg

Step 2: Prepare suspension. Check tire pressures, put transmission in neutral, Cycle height from LO to N 2 times, and bounce corners to “stabilize suspension”. All doors have to be closed for this, and I keep my driver window down to access the ahc controls (And laptop).

Step 3: enter Techstream, AHC, Live Data, and take a picture of your values before you mess with anything.
Height Offset Utility only changes the 4 highlighted values below:

DD70D9DB-0D73-4FDA-B2A4-FCA3F4588D3D.jpeg

With these numbers, my driver Front was 1/2" low.

4D8E61A2-357D-4351-A743-D7983504EF09.jpeg

Step 4: Start HOU. Select FL, enter measured value of "4.5", enter standard value of "4.0"

This will add .5 to your FL height adjust

FL height adjust went from -0.3 to 0.2. After this, I added another .5" adjust to get to 0.7 (and added the same to FR) 😯

The maximum height adjust is 0.8.

Step 5: cycle through heights and measure again.

Step 6: slap on some 35"!!!

AHC Questions:

What initiates an automatic adjustment?
¼”, ½”, 1”, 2” slope?

Is automatic leveling only a front to back function or side to side as well?
I feel my front drop/raise all the time. Can the rig make this same kind of adjustment left to right? i.e. passenger side raises/lowers to meet the driver’s side?

Is the front primary? Meaning, the front always moves in order to compensate or can the rear adjust as well?

Does self-leveling occur at highway speeds?
Rig drops into “Fast Lo” Mode at 62mph. will the rig ever attempt to self-level during these speeds?

Does weight affect height? i.e. Does a full tank of gas affect rear passenger height?
This thread tells me no:
LX570 Lean/Sag

Does your mechanic know how to properly prepare AHC for alignment? In theory, if rig is on an incline and has attempted to self-level, could this affect alignment readings? Ideally, the alignment table is level, tech drives on it, raises the table, make sure you leave doors closed to allow rig to self-level, turn off AHC, then turn off car. Or none of this really matters for Alignment?

I’ve seen people mention measuring from wheel center to fender. Unless you cross-hatch the center cap, there’s potentially a bit of error here, right? I’ve been measuring top of center cap to fender or top of rim to fender.

Other helpful links I’ve come across, for reference.

Lift it:
LX570 AHC height modifications (lift it!)
Bleed it:
LX570 AHC “Basics”
AHC history:
AHC History and possibilities

Last edited:
This is happening. Picked up a single LT305/70/18 on my spare rim in order to check clearances. This is in N height, with the simple sensor bracket lift. Haven't moved the liner or trimmed the step yet.
More to come....
3D8ED458-6370-40BA-ACF0-A4916A01A75C.jpeg

Lo Mode:
7CAC3DB5-0E6B-48A8-8F47-FFDA2D9B1B50.jpeg

Marked my clearances while in Lo mode. Harbor freight 3" cutoff wheel for the win!

Anyone know if I'll need this bracket for slee sliders?
753FD409-0D1F-4508-A4FF-1A1F4109A653.jpeg

08DAC574-43C3-44BF-B6BC-70148CF922CA.jpeg

You do want to leave some of the side step into the wheel well, not all of it goes when you halve it for the sliders. The cut follows that contour down and forward.

Moving the front liner is extremely easy. I was confused when I initially read @TeCKis300 and @grinchy's posts about z-clips and slots, but it all made sense once I was down there.

Here's where it sits stock. New hole drilled and slot cut with a box cutter.
2F61D8CB-6746-4785-9524-8311130BC871.jpeg

Here's the z-clip in the new location. After this, just had to push it forward, line up the holes, and put the screw back it.
0988DE75-DED4-4122-B464-AF54C740E54B.jpeg

Clearance in Lo mode:
FB8A43A8-A9AF-400C-9128-2E6E8C4B4862.jpeg

You'll also need to clearance in 'Normal' mode.

Clears in all modes. Just need to check clearances under flexing.

Is it wrong to assume that if it clears in Lo that it will clear in N?

I just updated the original post! Let me know if you have any questions.

I'll grab a picture of my finished "adjust values", but a few of them are at .7, which means I got 1" from the bracket move, and another ~.5" from the HOU.

Clears in all modes. Just need to check clearances under flexing.

Is it wrong to assume that if it clears in Lo that it will clear in N?

Depends on how you define clear. If you want to rock dirty fives I’d pull the strut and cycle. I think you’ll find there’s a heck of a lot of stuff to get rid of. I’d start with lock to lock and see what hits.

Good news is it’s only metal and plastic!

In case you need some more height, I made some simple aluminum brackets in the front to adjust the sensors more.

View attachment 2245361

I had tried that myself, but in my garage and starting on only the front, it would not stay in H mode. It dropped back to N, so I assumed this wasn't going to work. Please let us know how your truck is reacting.

I had tried that myself, but in my garage and starting on only the front, it would not stay in H mode. It dropped back to N, so I assumed this wasn't going to work. Please let us know how your truck is reacting.

Mine did the same at first but works fine now. Seems like it just had to re-learn the new sensor height. L/N/H pictures below. 35/12.5/17

C61CF907-01D9-4CFD-83F5-B78E897B0E9D.jpeg

F9A1B09C-B4D3-43B4-A8D6-07F6F4276984.jpeg

2BBBDE7C-9BD9-42FA-8123-D86652CA5473.jpeg

Where did you get the value of 4.5? Do you know what the value for the rear is supposed to be?

Great question!
The important part is the difference between my numbers (.5"). The standard value is from the FSM, but I've found that it works as long as you keep the numbers apart by your target value.

In my case, if I wanted to raise FL 3/4", I would have done 4.75 and 4.0

Great question!
The important part is the difference between my numbers (.5"). The standard value is from the FSM, but I've found that it works as long as you keep the numbers apart by your target value.

In my case, if I wanted to raise FL 3/4", I would have done 4.75 and 4.0
Yep. I had the same experience. After you run a few cycles of it you get real comfortable with just putting in any values that have the difference you seek.
I also had it ignore some of my inputs, ie: input values, adjust up and down, and there was no difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom