Events/Trails OFFICIAL LCDC 10 Thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

6D2DD744-1EAF-4A0C-9B23-F233FA1FE284.jpeg

Photo credit: @linuxgod

Very very very ready to get back to Ouray!

Thread edited. This isn't chat even though I give a lot of rope to members. Pictures like what was posted are not acceptable for tech

Your friendly 200 section Moderator

I've only been out toward Ouray twice so I'm not super familiar with the area and location of trails. Those that are--would you estimate Telluride is too far to stay than would be reasonable? I know it's about an hour from Telluride to Ouray which isn't terrible for a few days, but if the trailheads are another hour past that it would probably be too much. My wife is debating joining me this year if I can get in, but she doesn't have the tolerance for excitement I do so I know she'd hang back one or two days. Not nearly as much to do in Ouray as Telluride for her so trying to figure out if it's even possible or I should can the idea now.

I've only been out toward Ouray twice so I'm not super familiar with the area and location of trails. Those that are--would you estimate Telluride is too far to stay than would be reasonable? I know it's about an hour from Telluride to Ouray which isn't terrible for a few days, but if the trailheads are another hour past that it would probably be too much. My wife is debating joining me this year if I can get in, but she doesn't have the tolerance for excitement I do so I know she'd hang back one or two days. Not nearly as much to do in Ouray as Telluride for her so trying to figure out if it's even possible or I should can the idea now.
It’s possible but potentially annoying. If you’re doing a trail to the south you can take Ophir pass across. For trails out of Ouray, it’s over an hour around

It’s possible but potentially annoying. If you’re doing a trail to the south you can take Ophir pass across. For trails out of Ouray, it’s over an hour around
Thank you for the info; an extra hour wouldn’t be the end of the world, but I could definitely see it being annoying after a day on the trails. I’m sure it’s the DFW in me having to drive nearly 45 minutes to get almost anywhere. I’m leaning toward punt to another year that might be more appealing to her if she doesn’t think there is enough for her to do in Ouray.

Thank you for the info; an extra hour wouldn’t be the end of the world, but I could definitely see it being annoying after a day on the trails. I’m sure it’s the DFW in me having to drive nearly 45 minutes to get almost anywhere. I’m leaning toward punt to another year that might be more appealing to her if she doesn’t think there is enough for her to do in Ouray.
I would just book it. If she wants to be in telluride then so be it. I would park my wife in Las Vegas to make this trip.

On the other hand, many trails end in Telluride. Black Bear does… So does Imogene. Where it would be especially annoying are night with official events in Morning, drive to Ouray fkr trail… Trail to Telluride…back to Ouray for evening event…back to Telluride to sleep.

If you do stay there, maybe plan to to Black Bear of Imogene, then take Opher trail back… or another scenic way back to the evening event.

Anyone heard anything? Are we still a go?

My wife isn’t into doing the trails. Last time at Ouray we stayed in Ouray but rented her a car so she could go over to Telluride or wherever to wonder around shopping and stuff during the day.

I would suggest that even the less adventurous would find the Ouray side (Alpine Loop) particularly enjoyable as the scenery is beyond comprehension and the trails are pretty tame.

I would just book it. If she wants to be in telluride then so be it. I would park my wife in Las Vegas to make this trip.

Oh no, I’m definitely not skipping for her—my #2 option is leave her in Texas…

I might just suggest she pick a different location to join in another year. I do like the idea of renting her a car if she wants to be able to move around herself. That would be the biggest issue is that she wouldn’t have anyway to get around otherwise

So if Cruisers On The Rockies is July 24-28 and LCDC is July 29-Aug 1 is anyone else sitting here thinking about a double header too?
Cruisers On The Rockies will also be fighting for space with Rocky Mountain Toyota Round Up 23rd through the 26th. Round Up has essentially replaced FJ Summit and is pretty darn large. Me personally, I am glad LCDC is the week after.

So if Cruisers On The Rockies is July 24-28 and LCDC is July 29-Aug 1 is anyone else sitting here thinking about a double header too?
I for one have definitely thought about it:steer:
Cruisers On The Rockies will also be fighting for space with Rocky Mountain Toyota Round Up 23rd through the 26th. Round Up has essentially replaced FJ Summit and is pretty darn large. Me personally, I am glad LCDC is the week after.
Just a little insight on this…. I’ve been working with the organizers of RMTR to coordinate our trail activities and to make sure our interactions will be smooth and very limited.
COTR will be based in Silverton, along with our group camp. RMTR will be based close to Ridgway. There’s an hours drive between the two. Besides a few sightings on trail I doubt we will even know both our groups are there. I’ve ran the same time as FJ Summit in the past and had no idea til after the event was over. We never saw much of their group when we were based in Silverton.
As you know the trail system is huge. We will be running about a dozen different trails each day giving us the luxury of having smaller groups.
Our events sharing the same timeframes means just a little more consideration and coordination by the organizers. Then it all works out. 👍
As is normal of late the biggest issue and concern well unfortunately be the SXSs on trail. 👎

Last edited:
I for one have definitely thought about it 👍

Just a little insight on this…. I’ve been working with the organizers of RMTR to coordinate our trail activities and to make sure our interactions will be smooth and very limited.
COTR will be based in Silverton, along with our group camp. RMTR will be based close to Ridgway. There’s an hours drive between the two. Besides a few sightings on trail I doubt we will even know both our groups are there. I’ve ran the same time as FJ Summit in the past and had no idea til after the event was over. We never saw much of their group when we were based in Silverton.
As you know the trail system is huge. We will be running about a dozen different trails each day giving us the luxury of having smaller groups.
Our events sharing the same timeframes means just a little more consideration and coordination by the organizers. Then it all works out. 👍
As is normal of late the biggest issue and concern well unfortunately be the SXSs on trail. 👎
Well that's awesome. Kudos for that extra work.

And well yeah, the SxS are an ever growing concern. Occasionally there are some good seeds driving them though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom