Events/Trails OFFICIAL LCDC 10 Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm in this year pending making registration!

Of course we’re in! Anyone else from Utah that wants to caravan? Id be down for that!

Any idea on when registration is going to open? I’m going to be off grid a fair amount over the next month

Any idea on when registration is going to open? I’m going to be off grid a fair amount over the next month
Don’t worry. It’s usually January or February.

After a 2 year hiatus LCDC is back on instagram… new handle: landcruiserdc

You can thank the great people at meta for terminating our original account for being managed by a “minor” lol

After a 2 year hiatus LCDC is back on instagram… new handle: landcruiserdc

You can thank the great people at meta for terminating our original account for being managed by a “minor” lol

Wow Cody! You must be younger than I thought… 😂

Calendar marked.

Did the HIH in my 100 series. Now have a stock LX but has a fairly heavy rooftop tent ( ~175 lbs) and another 150lb set of drawers inside. Will it be ok for most of the trails

Calendar marked.

Did the HIH in my 100 series. Now have a stock LX but has a fairly heavy rooftop tent ( ~175 lbs) and another 150lb set of drawers inside. Will it be ok for most of the trails
I did all of these trails in my Mom’s grand cherokee with street tires on when I was in high school. You’ll be good 😅 (Hell, I did most of them in my RWD Volvo station wagon back then…)

I did all of these trails in my Mom’s grand cherokee with street tires on when I was in high school. You’ll be good 😅 (Hell, I did most of them in my RWD Volvo station wagon back then…)
I have to tell you.. I dont think this simplification is helpful. A stock LX will be fine on many trails but could do damage on others. Volvo aside. Looking forward to seeing you 21 LC HE build

Thanks . I am most concern about the top heaviness…..given how precarious and rough some of the trails were when I last went .

Thanks . I am most concern about the top heaviness…..given how precarious and rough some of the trails were when I last went .
I have seen several stock with roof top tents enjoy the event without issue. There will be trails of all difficulty available to choose from.

I went early last year to prerun some of the trails. A lot of it comes down to driver skill and awareness. Stock trucks CAN do trails right out of the box. Just take the bypass for some questionable obstacles. My wife frames it best…they make parts every day and if you can’t afford to fix it, go slow and don’t break it.

That said, I drive it from NY and generally need to drive home, so treat her right and relax and don’t be afraid of the long pedal and the traction control as needed.

I have found the best investment so far is the sliders, as I have landed hard on my Bud bilts and they did “dent” SLIGHTLY. Better that than sheet metal.

The key is have fun. We will help you get through the tough spots if need be. Enjoy the community and views!

Really hope I can get in this time. 7 and 8 filled up and 9 was I out of the country. Really want an excuse to ship her out to Slee or some lockers. She needs to see mountains instead of sand and the Atlantic.

IMG_5720.jpeg

Unrelated but related question.

I'll be in the Moab area after new years primarily to visit Arches and Canyonland. I have probably another half day to get off-road and do some exploring - what would you guys recommend?

I'll be in the Moab area after new years primarily to visit Arches and Canyonland. I have probably another half day to get off-road and do some exploring - what would you guys recommend?
Depends on how much challenge you want.

If you just want a challenge, Fins N Things is great. Hells Revenge with some bypasses is fun. They’re near each other

I loved Top of the World but it’ll beat you up. Even on 35s.

White Rim is a good trail and you’d probably enjoy it a lot but you need a permit and it’s really a 2 day trip… you could do it in one long day but it’s 100 miles+.

For arches I recommend taking the back way in. I think it’s willow springs “road”.

For Canyonlands it depends on which area. For Island in the sky - Take potash road and shafer switchbacks into the park and take long canyon out. They’re easy but pretty and won’t add a ton of time to your day.

For a scenic and relatively easy drive, chicken corners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom