Official intro. And my 72 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Realized today that I logo on almost every night and drool over all the info and pics of everyone else's cruiser, here's a couple shots of my 72, I've had it for about 8 yrs, when I found her it has been sitting in a barn for about 10 years, replaced the rocker panels, took the bucket seat out (5 gal bucket) and put some old triumph seats I had laying around in it, the steering wheel came off a go cart, we replaced it with this grant wheel, until I can find an oem wheel, replaced starter, altnator, waterpump, brake boosger, and master cylinder, and some other odds ans ends.

KIMG0056.JPG

KIMG0055.JPG

KIMG0054.JPG

1F with 2f valve cover,
Retro audio to cover the po hacked up dash pad,
Had some extra holes in the dash the button bottom left is now my horn, no idea what goes where the silver delete is, removed heater when installing the radio and never finished putting it back in,
Hardtop came off first summer and has been in the shed since, all there but needs some rust work
Next I'd like to patch the bigger holes and the rear bed rail, not sure how to go about that yet.
I run it often, use to haul everything from deer, surfboards, fishing poles, to dogs, and work.

KIMG0051.JPG

KIMG0058.JPG

KIMG0050.JPG

Nice rig ! Welcome to the madness !!

:cheers:

Welcome again and yes you will do many things with the FJ40 congrats on the find. Enjoy the site and use the search engine here often it will help tremendously. Enjoy

Truck would run better if you disconnected the hose from your vacuum retard distributor.

Congrats on having a Holley 350 carb, hope it has the baffle & chimney kit so that it works perfect in off road terrain (see ebay #263540706036). Also, You could run a 9" O.D. air cleaners for better brake master cylinder clearance than your 10" air filter has, AND you could put a 3" to 4" tall filter element into it instead of the 2" you have now (better/longer filtering in off road poo poo)..

Welcome to the fray

Truck would run better if you disconnected the hose from your vacuum retard distributor.
You mean the black hose, what should I do with it on the other end? And do I need to plug the hole left in the distributor

You mean the black hose, what should I do with it on the other end? And do I need to plug the hole left in the distributor

Cap the carb end. Don’t worry about the dizzy; you can’t hurt something that’s already retarded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom