Off Road Trailer Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome build. I am drawing up CAD plans to build a similar one for my FJ43 and will be plagiarizing many aspects of your design.

I do have a few technical questions if you have time to respond.

-What steel member sizes thicknesses did you use? I see 2" and 1-1/2" square tubing but did nor see the thickness called out.
-Whats the floor to roof height?
-What are the fender dimensions?
-Where did you get the light guards from?
-What tank did you use?

Many Thanks,

Never too much table space, so I made a detachable table/bar that stores upright in the longer storage area.

Found a wood table top at Ikea that was well built. A little big, so I trimmed it down to 19"x54"

20170607_173033.jpg

Attached one half of the railing onto the trailer

20170607_175752_Richtone(HDR).jpg

The other half to the table top

20170607_175757_Richtone(HDR).jpg

And now we have double the table surface area as before!

20170607_175733_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Where did you source the strip that the table attaches to the trailer?

Awesome build. I am drawing up CAD plans to build a similar one for my FJ43 and will be plagiarizing many aspects of your design.

I do have a few technical questions if you have time to respond.

-What steel member sizes thicknesses did you use? I see 2" and 1-1/2" square tubing but did nor see the thickness called out.
-Whats the floor to roof height?
-What are the fender dimensions?
-Where did you get the light guards from?
-What tank did you use?

Many Thanks,

Sorry for late reply, I don't check this thread very often.

I believe the 2x2 and 1.5x1.5 is all .065
I don't recall the height right now, but I designed the whole thing around the height of my ARB fridge
The fenders are 10" wide
The light guards are from 4+
The water tank is from Amazon (Valterra)

Where did you source the strip that the table attaches to the trailer?

Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/AP-Products-...542215460&sr=1-2&keywords=rv+table+wall+mount

That mount won't hold the weight of the table, just holds it in place. I have two rubber bumpers on the bottom of the table that rest on the top of the fender.

I saw the earlier post and reply on the lack of seam welds, but I still wonder about a leakage. Can't help but think you'd get moisture between the panels and the frame and it would eventually rust. Or is the POR15 thin enough that it wicked into the seams and sealed?

I've seen a hairline crack in a fabricated fuel tank sealed with POR-15 applied to the outside. I've no worries about sealing.

Sorry if I missed it, but about how much square tube did this build take? I'm trying to decide whether it's more cost effective to modify a HF trailer or start from scratch

looks familiar...

Excellent video and build!

Wow.... someone definitely stole all of my photos and made this video. This is the first I've seen of it.

At least they did a decent job putting it together... and now You are You tube famous.

Can you share some details on the extendable awning system,you think it would it be stout enough to hold two kayaks ?
What shocks did you end up with?

I love this thread because that trailer is AWESOME!

Bump just for fun... Looking through this thread for the first time in a while. Hoping the new owners are still enjoying it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom