Off Road,Camping with DAD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all! I have the opportunity to take my 2 boys, a 1.5 and 3 year old, on an extended off road trip February 25th - 28th. I would like to invite all other DAD'S to join me on this trip. I will be introducing my oldest son to prepare meals, cutting trees, building fires, and some other simple camping projects. Bring your children. DAD'S ONLY, or Uncles, or grandpa. Will also change a few tires and use the winch for practice. I will also bring a tire, puncture it with a 8 penny nail, then we can practice plugging it. After that we all do shots of Yeager! Joke. Would like to do this twice a year, will settle for just this once. Unfortunately it is a Monday through Wednesday trip so please make the sacrifice and take the time off work.

IMG_20180623_144237.jpg

Where are you planning on going?

Have not decided yet. Was thinking of the lower elevations of Sierra Nevada Mountains so we can hit some snow and get some practice putting on chains. But could also do North of Clear Lake.

I grew up in El Dorado/Amador County and know the trails there very well. Will probably start around the 3000' elevation level and head up to some of my favorite spots. There are so many miles of NFR's and logging roads that if we hit too much snow we can pick another trail. This all depends on a low snow event. If that happens all trails up there will be buried.

I grew up in El Dorado/Amador County and know the trails there very well. Will probably start around the 3000' elevation level and head up to some of my favorite spots. There are so many miles of NFR's and logging roads that if we hit too much snow we can pick another trail. This all depends on a low snow event. If that happens all trails up there will be buried.
Wondering what trails in AC or Eldorado ? SPI is closed, only FS I can think of is pipi, Backroad into SS has been closed for a few years.

Have always wanted to go from Omo Ranch to Caldor. I found the old RR along the Mckinney Creek about 15 years ago not knowing what it was at the time. Then go to Capps Crossing and find the largest tree I've ever seen along the river. After that head up to the granite slabs. Its been at least 1o years since i frequented this area and would like to take my boys there. I have also never driven up to Sopiago Springs where Arrowhead Water trucks their bottled water from even though I've driven past it 50 times on the way in to Pipi. This all depends on no low snow.

I would be interested, hope it falls on a spring break. My son is in a boarding school in Healdsburg and I only see him every 5 weeks and during
the big holidays. Keep us posted on where and when you want to hit the trail and BTW my son is 15 now but we he use to love camping.

I would be interested, hope it falls on a spring break. My son is in a boarding school in Healdsburg and I only see him every 5 weeks and during
the big holidays. Keep us posted on where and when you want to hit the trail and BTW my son is 15 now but we he use to love camping.

I will and thanks for your interest. When is Spring Break? I would like to develop a overland trail that i add to as the seasons allow starting from my parents farm to Carson Pass. 1st section from Omo Ranch to Caldor is important because Omo Ranch is only 7 miles from my family farm and there is a logging road that crosses private property to Omo Ranch passing the historic and hidden cemetery of Indian Diggins. I think its a perfect learning experience for children to interact with property owners, develop a route, scout trails, and form a plan. The second challenge is from Omo Ranch to Caldor crossing the Middle Fork Cosumnes River.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom