OEM Toyota 68141-90A03 window run doesn't fit FJ62? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone replaced their window runs? I'm looking at the sticker on the bag, genuine toyota parts 68141-90A03 which various catalogs say is the right part, but it's not the right length?

I ordered it from partsouq. Very annoyed because i have the whole door apart. Oh well. I'm gonna see if I put it in the wrong way if it's so long I can cut it.

This is what it feels like to become the proverbial PO/

I did replace all of mine last year. I forget where I got them from. I started with an aftermarket one then ended up ordering a real Toyota product as the fit was perfect. Keep in mind the window run goes into the door a ways so they were long to begin with. My windows stopped going up so I replaced all the channels and they work great now!

Huh, I ended up cutting it. Who knows, maybe I did something wrong. Seems fine though?

The short front lower one fit fine and filled the length of the channel.

The top one if I put the corner in with the shorter end facing front, the rubber ran out with several inches of window frame to go. Put in the other way (so the long leg from the corner is going forwards, the short leg towards the back), the rubber goes down almost to the bottom of the rear of the channel, but the front is way to long. I cut off a length so that it just touched the other piece.

The weird thing is now the seam in mine is below the beltline. I used to see the seams between the lower and the upper a couple inches above.

When I die and my wife sellls this truck and someone is posting here like "wtf did the PO do to these window runs?" somebody please link him to this thread. I hope he thanks me for cleaning that cavity out and spraying it with cavity wax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom