OEM rear bumper cost (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Truck got tagged in the rear bumper today by a U Haul truck of all things. Any idea what the replacement cost may be with paint etc.? Wondering if it makes sense to put $$ toward a Slee, BIOR or ARB instead...
image-2404302489.jpg

Not sure what the cost would be but I would definitely put the $ towards an aftermarket bumper. That's just my .02 though. If my wife's 100 got hit that's what I would do.

I had to replace my bumper and part of rear tail light this summer, i dont remember the cost of each but in total it was about $1,200. I'm sure about 3/4's of the cost was the bumper so its probably around the 900 dollar range which is not far off from a slee rear bumper

I have a bumper that color I just took off, you want it? Not sure how shipping works but we can figure it out. I think it's the same color, mine is champagne pearl.

That can be popped out and painted. Bad news is, I just got a quote to paint my front and rear bumpers
( also gold) a body shop quoted me 1900 for both! Crazy. So I'll save up to get an arb for front and a can of touch up for rear...

One thing i would do is remove the rear bumper sooner rather than later and just check tht the metal foot plate underneath has not been pushed into the rear of the body and caused further damage.

Last year i had a very similar problem and on inspection there is a metal plate that runs the length of the rear bumper to take the weight when you step on it. It is thin plate and only bolted on with a couple of brackets and mine had been pushed in to the point where it was rubbing on the body and so i had to remove it and have the body seen too as it had rubbed right through the paintwork.

Just my 2c

Pop it out and add Duplicolor. If you take your time it will be hard to tell from three feet away. Wait until you can get a real bumper from Slee or BIOR. Or there will be plenty here. Put add in classifieds under "Wanted".

I would just leave it as is until you can afford a proper bumper.

Aftermarket bumper for sure....However, for info sharing sake, I found a company in Texas that refurbs OEM bumpers, paints, ships all for around $300.00

They are on Ebay, I think their name is SouthWest Autoparts.

Tell Oscar, Chris Davis from Denver referred you.

They have super customer service. They sent me a bumper for my 4runner that I did not like and picked up the bumper no charge, sent me another no charge.

Thank you for all the responses. It's not a matter of not being able to afford an aftermarket replacement, just that I wasnt planning on it at the moment. I'll run it by a body shop this week and see what they say. The other party's insurance is covering the repairs.

Thats a pretty small dent and I don't know about where you live but here (or maybe just my bad luck) but I get my bumpers tagged all the time. People see the slee and I'm betting they're a little more careful. I got it as a proactive safety measure...:D

That dent will definitely pop out, especially with a little heating to soften the plastic. Use a heat gun rather than a hair dryer, and try to use as little heating as you can to coax it out. Chances are the paint will not be damaged. It wont be perfect, but it will hold you until you decide to move on an aftermarket bumper.

If the other party's insurance is paying, get your body shop quote, take the check from the insurer, and buy your dream bumper. If you go this route, IGNORE the first sentence. I'll buy you old cruddy old dented one [which looks a lot better than my tupperware bumper] :)

Last edited:
Figure 600-800 min when ever a decent body shop in calif touches a panel (probable cheaper elsewhere)Shipping on the bumpers , front i know is by greyhound only for us normal peeps. The stock bumpers are pathetic, im sure u already knew that.

I just got one from cruisercorps- 200 for the bumper another 150 to paint to match factory paint code

If the other person's insurance is paying, get an estimate, have them cut you a check, and buy a Slee rear. No question.

I'm just waiting for the day that some inattentive 16 year old rear ends my truck. :cool:

pegasis0066 said:
Have the U-Haul truck guy come back and ding your front bumper.

The thought had crossed my mind, lol. Oddly enough it popped out on its own after sitting in the sun. Weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom