OEM Front Mudflaps, w/Part Numbers! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oakleyguy

Resident Engineer
SILVER Star
Threads
Hi everyone,

Got my mudflaps in and installed. Took a whole 20 minutes to install both. I had a bit of a tough time trying to find the part numbers for them so I figured I'd put them up here for those of you who need them.

Drivers flap (1): 76622 - 60060
Passenger flap (1): 76621 - 60070
Drivers Bracket (1): 76642 - 60020
Passenger bracket (1): 76641 - 60020
Bolts (6): 90119 - 06779
Screws (2): 90159 - 60576
Clips/Grommets (2): 90189 - 06211

I can confirm that these parts numbers fit the 2005 model year cruiser. However I believe that these will fit all LC years.

ForumRunner_20130211_220810.jpg

ForumRunner_20130211_220827.jpg
ForumRunner_20130211_220810.jpg

ForumRunner_20130211_220827.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice; thanks for taking the time to post !

Nice, what was the total for the parts?

Oh nathan.... no you didn't. hahaha

Here are the part numbers for my '07 LX 470. The flaps and clips are different part numbers. Are they actually different from Toyota parts I have no clue.

Drivers flap (1): 76622 - 60070
Passenger flap (1): 76621 - 60080
Drivers Bracket (1): 76642 - 60020
Passenger bracket (1): 76641 - 60020
Bolts (6): 90119 - 06779
Screws (2): 90159 - 60576
Clips (2): 90467-10187

IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1823.jpg

Not bad thanks

Thanks for those P/Ns. I am ready to do mine when the hardware arrives. Now to find step/sliders that allow one to also run the flaps.

I'm assuming these don't work with sliders. Also, prone to get ripped off on rocks? I was debating on getting some, but they could self-detach on the first wheeling event.

I'm assuming these don't work with sliders. Also, prone to get ripped off on rocks? I was debating on getting some, but they could self-detach on the first wheeling event.

I've seen a couple members who've trimmed the mudflaps to work with various sliders.

I'm personally not too concernced about damaging them during general wheeling or trail use. They attach to the body with two screws and one bolt, so they're decently secure. I'd be leery of thick mud though.

I broke rear ones on my 60 and my 100 while off road - once on a rock, once on a branch. It doesn't take much to break them.

Can anyone advise on how to install?

Trying to install on my 1998 & can't for the life of me figure out where the bracket piece is supposed to go...any help would be greatly appreciated!

Toyotalandy,
A couple tips as I just did this a while back. Photo shows left (Driver's Side) wheel well w/ wheel/tire removed (which I do recommend). There are 2 threaded holes already there where you see my bracket attached to the wheel well.

I recommend cleaning out the holes & lubricating the 2 bolts, as I broke one when it was only about halfway tightened. Fortunately I had a couple extras and it drilled out pretty easy.

Note the upside-down "L" stamped in the DS bracket, just below the top bolt.

I also took the time, prior to installing the mudflaps, to pull back the bottom of the fender liners & vacuum and hose out the interior of the front fenders, between the wheel wells and front doors. You'll need a Torx driver for the bolt you see at the top right in the photo. There is a drain hole down at the bottom but mine had sand, pine needles, leaves, etc., collected in there. Helps prevent future rust opportunities.

Passenger side was a little bit trickier as mine had rear A/C lines somewhat in the way. Your '98 probably won't have 'em though.

Hope this helps.

Mudflap Bracket 1a.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you so much Mark SR! Picture explains it perfectly. Having the tire off would have been a whole lot easier, but I am a chick & I don't like going under cars on jacks. =) Just installed both flaps with no problems!

Do I have to remove my running boards to install these front mud guards?

Yes, and as far as I'm concerned they are a must after removing the running boards to protect the paint from stone chips etc.

Agreed - especially with "rock slinger" tires

I assume that i can not put the running boards back on, correct? Any front mud guards that i can use with the running boards?

No need to use mud guards with the OEM running boards. The boards act as your guard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom