OEM Dash Pad Repair- With Speaker Mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I didn’t know how it comes off either, found a thread on the topic – still didn’t fully understand the removal after reading. I started at passenger side, lifted up and out along all six brackets/tabs toward the driver’s side. Rite of passage, I guess.

I removed my roof to fold window down. Windshield down was able to see where and how the tabs lock in the dash pad. Technically you don't need to but what I know now a) way easier and b) found some rust underneath that I was able to address and keep from spreading.

When I recently did my hinge pins on the doors - (the windshield needs to fold down for the top pin to come out) - I unscrewed most of the bolds from the front to the back (don't forget the 2 at the top of the windshield) of holding the roof on then me and a friend lifted up the front of the roof enough to fold the windshield down.

View attachment 3471126

bottom line - don't need to take all the way off and if thinking someday do the door pins, do it then.
Thanks! One last clarification, when you say "I unscrewed most of the bolds from the front to the back" I assume you mean the bolts holding the hard top to the sides.

Thanks! One last clarification, when you say "I unscrewed most of the bolds from the front to the back" I assume you mean the bolts holding the hard top to the sides.
correct and the two holding the roof apron to the windshield. I think remove them about to about the back curve of the roof so I wouldn't accidentally tweak something. Took maybe 10 minutes - most time spent was taking the the bows apart to get the roof bolts they cover.

if you haven't touched roof bolts in a while - some penetrating oil would be suggested - sorry if obvious, but don't want you forget - I forgot the two bolts upfront at first and why I keep repeating it - don't be like me

correct and the two holding the roof apron to the windshield. I think remove them about to about the back curve of the roof so I wouldn't accidentally tweak something. Took maybe 10 minutes - most time spent was taking the the bows apart to get the roof bolts they cover.

if you haven't touched roof bolts in a while - some penetrating oil would be suggested - sorry if obvious, but don't want you forget - I forgot the two bolts upfront at first and why I keep repeating it - don't be like me
Thanks, it's only obvious after you break it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom