OEM color matched vinyl wrap? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have several rock chips on the hood of my blizzard pearl gx470. Rather than have it resprayed or use touch up paint, I think a color matched hood wrap of the first 10" would serve two purposes. Hide rock chips (once filled) and also protect paint going forward. Does anyone have a source for color matched vinyl?

I know, good luck. I ordered samples of every pearl white vinyl 3M and Vvivid had and there's nothing close to a match. Order clear...

That's my other option as I'm a dealer for xpel, but I'd be covering over touched up rock chips and would likely look terrible.

I'd reach out to these guys (no personal experience with them): Color Match Wrap, a Vehicle Vinyl Wrap that Matches ANY OEM Paint Code

But I think it's going to be very tough to find an exact match, or one that won't start fading/yellowing after a while. Rock chip touch-up kits such as Dr. Colorchip have come a long way and they can be smoothed out to almost appear non-existent by any good detailer or even yourself with some practice. I agree with @z00t3ch, your best bet is to just order clear for the whole hood.

I'd reach out to these guys (no personal experience with them): Color Match Wrap, a Vehicle Vinyl Wrap that Matches ANY OEM Paint Code

But I think it's going to be very tough to find an exact match, or one that won't start fading/yellowing after a while. Rock chip touch-up kits such as Dr. Colorchip have come a long way and they can be smoothed out to almost appear non-existent by any good detailer or even yourself with some practice. I agree with @z00t3ch, your best bet is to just order clear for the whole hood.

I'm a dealer for xpel so getting the clear wouldn't be an issue. But I'm concerned that the touched up rock chips will look like poo if touched up and then covered with a clear bra.

I have always considered rock chips as a badge of honor about taking a truck offroad - but maybe that's just me :meh:

I saw this product on a detailing YouTube video the other day. It's actually VERY impressive! Since, being tape, you can still faintly see the edges if you look really closely, I'm wondering if the play might be to use the color-match tape to cover the chips, THEN cover everything with clear. I'm thinking that would hide the edges of the tape............. Just a thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom