October 2018 ROTM - Casner (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

how many tortillas? does anyone have a preferred brand?

Probaly need at least 50-60+ tortillas if the head count stays as it currently stands...estimating 2-3 tacos per person. If you head to any of the local carnicerias, they usually all have fresh handmade tortillas for cheap, usually packages of like 20-25 for $3-4. Maybe Food City is a place to check for authentic tortillas? Other people have suggestions?

Try to get the smallest ones you can find! :)

Ooook well it seems like people are crying out for street tacos, so let's try to get an ingredient sign up list started. I propose we plan on these for Saturday night. If there isn't enough interest, we can can cancel and let everyone just do their own thing.

Items needed:
  • Marinated meat/carne/carnitas/pollo? (several people split this?)
  • Small tortillas, corn and flour - @TexAZ
  • Salsa - @Mattman
  • Cilantro (NOT parsley, cough cough)
  • Sour cream
  • Tortilla chips
  • Limes
  • Shredded cheese
  • Cabbage, radish, onion (optional, I'll bring these cause I may be the only one who cares about em)
  • Dessert?
  • Plates - @ProBro
  • Utensils - @Abigail
  • Napkins - @ProBro
There should be at least 2 skottles for cooking, maybe the CSC if @Dimples makes it up.

I'll bring up some meat pollo and ?? Al pastor? Carne asada? Carnitas? mystery meat? LOL..
And some stuff for micheladas..

I'll bring up some meat pollo and ?? Al pastor? Carne asada? Carnitas? mystery meat? LOL..
And some stuff for micheladas..

:clap:

Once you know, can you give an idea of the amount you'll be bringing so we can supplement accordingly? Don't expect you to provide all the protein.

For the amount of ppl coming I'm thinking we need 8-10lbs of meat.

:clap:

Once you know, can you give an idea of the amount you'll be bringing so we can supplement accordingly? Don't expect you to provide all the protein.

For the amount of ppl coming I'm thinking we need 8-10lbs of meat.

Not a big deal.. I'll pick it up. Probably 15 lbs total.. better to have extra than not enough.

Thanks Abby for taking charge! :clap:

Put me down for the Limes, Sour Cream, and real Cilantro

I'll bring cinnamon crisp tortilla desert things from Senor Taco.

Put me down for tortilla chips and other appetizers.

Unless someone of some homemade chips in Flagstaff will have to be store bought since have no plans on heading back to the valley before hand.

Unfortunately I am out.

This year may actually be cool. Looking at the flagstaff plateau weather, its going to be chilly! :D

This year may actually be cool. Looking at the flagstaff plateau weather, its going to be chilly! :D

My original plan was to bring a lighter sleeping bag I used in August and a wool blanket. I have sinced decided to bring my heavy sleeping bag and wool blankets. Possible overnight lows in the thirties. For our area which should be close Weather channel shows all three days in the mid fifties for the highs and mid thirties for the lows. 40% chance of rain Friday and 50% Saturday. Drops off Sunday. Hopefully the rain chances with decrease.

P

How do I dislike this. Sorry to miss you.

That's very nice of you! Turns out that my Bay Area trip is looking less likely, so I might be able to make it after all. I probably won't know for sure until early next week, but it's looking good as of right now :)

With break in the rain for a few days grabbed some wood and thru in my M416 to dry out and keep any further rain from getting on it.
IMG_20181004_144335121.jpg

Couple days ago tried having a fire in the fireplace using oak. No luck. Burns great in a contained stove but very little ever getting a decent fire in the fireplace. Pine has always worked better. Figured since I was moving some on the deck may as well throw some in the trailer unless no one is interested in having a fire?

I will be heading up Friday afternoon or early evening. Do we have directions posted yet for the camp spot?

I don't see any more trail alternates @brices123 but I'm going to have to forfeit my spot. I double booked my weekend. I have a canyoneering thing I'm doing Saturday that is literally less than 5 miles away. I will still be camping Fri and most likely Sat though.

Bummed to finally get a spot and have to give it up but I'm glad to camp with my friends!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom