October 2018 ROTM - Casner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Mattman Canyoneering sounds like a good time! Back in West Fork area? Bummer I am missing Casner this year, excellent place to camp and with excellent folks!

Yes west fork, Illusions canyon. We were originally supposed to be out by Payson somewhere. I was torn and didn't want to say no to either activity so the move to Illusions works great for me! Forecast looks like rain that day though which could change everything.

I have uploaded maps (see post #1). These will get you to camping, and or to the Casner trailhead. Let me know if you have any questions about anything.
According to my WeatherBug app, both the Sedona and Flagstaff areas are showing 30% chance of rain on Friday and Saturday. Flagstaff says high of 52 and a low of 36. Sedona says high of 50 and a low of 32. (I will update this post next week).

Wow, that is one hardcore slot to put it mildly! How long have you been climbing and Canyoneering? I am a beginner at climbing but have always been interested in getting into Canyons. Keeper potholes, many of those back there? Tom

This is my first, but with an experienced crew. Yeah lots of potholes and tough escapes from what I hear. Can hardly wait!

@kelly saad is interested in filling the newly opened spot for the run, but is having some technical difficulties getting on the site to make a post. Please sign him up if the spot is still open.

I believe I'll only be camping on Saturday night this time.

If it's like this next Saturday morning could make for a interesting run.
IMG_20181007_060738364.jpg

I know this isn't going to help the fall colors. Interested to see how these small oaks fair.
IMG_20181007_061023781.jpg

What happened to Fall?!?

if anyone else can't make the casner trail, I'd like to sign up as an alternate.

I think we are heading up on Friday night. probably try to find a hotel/VRBO..
will be test driving the Roof top townhouse.....
Tepui autanna 3, with Disc-o-bed bunk bed cots cut down to 54". perfect for the little ones. (I hope)

20181006_134611.jpg

Last edited:
if anyone else can't make the casner trail, I'd like to sign up as an alternate.

I think we are heading up on Friday night. probably try to find a hotel/VRBO..
will be test driving the Roof top townhouse.....
Tepui autanna 3, with Disc-o-bed bunk bed cots cut down to 54". perfect for the little ones. (I hope)

View attachment 1805936

Tenth spot is still open on the run.

@kelly saad is interested in filling the newly opened spot for the run, but is having some technical difficulties getting on the site to make a post. Please sign him up if the spot is still open.

Tenth spot looks to be taken.
Happy to fly standby.

Tex, Id call for the hotel asap, they fill up quick up there! Keep your options open for the run, sometimes there is a last minute cancellation.

cant wait! Now to find where I packed that winter coat....

So I have been off radar for a bit here. Looks like we are getting food together, so is there anything I can contribute? I can make up a giant bowl of guacamole or brings plates or tortillas, or whatever.

Also to throw it out that I still have 2 giant packs of hotdogs in the freezer from the Mojave Road run. I can get buns and fixings and do hot dogs at any of the runs.

I am heading up Friday and will have the pup in tow.

Tenth spot looks to be taken.
Happy to fly standby.
I put you down as the alternate.
Let me know your plans. I will gladly give up my spot and ride with someone (if they are willing to take me on as a passenger).

So I have been off radar for a bit here. Looks like we are getting food together, so is there anything I can contribute? I can make up a giant bowl of guacamole or brings plates or tortillas, or whatever.

Also to throw it out that I still have 2 giant packs of hotdogs in the freezer from the Mojave Road run. I can get buns and fixings and do hot dogs at any of the runs.

I am heading up Friday and will have the pup in tow.

A giant bowl of guacamole would be *awesome* :bounce:

Here's the food list for Saturday so far:

A giant bowl of guacamole would be *awesome* :bounce:

[/QUOTE]

Kelly just let me know that a family situation has come up, so he’s out. Looks like @TexAZ is next man up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom