OBD1 reader app, temp (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Question about this little gem,

Is it simply a Bluetooth "dongle" that plugs into the OBD1 port on our cars? Download, the app, and away you go on your Droid phone?

Good God....if that IS what this is, it's already "late" for being bought. Where have I been? How have I missed this?

Here I was thinking I would be lucky to just add a KOSO temp guage and call it good on my 94' TLC.

This is just wonderful!

How useful are folks finding this device? Can a guy take his phone out to the engine compartment and have real time data while tuning up? For example, use it to help set timing?

Wow! More reading what little info there is on this is in order, but holy FZJ80 Batman....this is an awesome seeming tool.

Any tips and tricks from owners here? I'm itching to get one.

Yup. Plug and play, super simple. I haven't yet used it to diagnose anything, but I like having the real time information displayed on my dash from my phone while I drive. I also use a Koso guage, which I like because I don't always want my phone on.

Only problem I've had is Bluetooth randomly disconnecting, but that is kind of to be expected with wireless interfaces.

Mine connects and stays connected. Never have an issue . It helped me diagnose a failed O2 sensor. It's a great little tool.

Yeah...so....I guess this gets moved to the top of the list for things to buy. Best to just include it with the cost of baselining the 80.

This is a really trick little device...me likey.

whatever you do don't display MPG with it you will be sorely disappointed...............unless your coasting downhill

whatever you do don't display MPG with it you will be sorely disappointed...............unless your coasting downhill

Oh my! Goodness no. Parish the thought.

My review and some more info on it. Mpg are actually very accurate, I use the trip gauge and it's very accurate. I used GPS to calculate the speedo offset for tiresize.
Toyocom OBD1 reader review

Maybe I can use the MPG output to convince my wife that the cruiser is happier at 60-65mph than her preferred 75mph on the highway. I tell her if shes in a hurry to take the M Roadster.

My review and some more info on it. Mpg are actually very accurate, I use the trip gauge and it's very accurate. I used GPS to calculate the speedo offset for tiresize.
Toyocom OBD1 reader review

Yes, yes, yes.....I read thus. I am going to order this tomorrow. As soon as the check clears!

This is awesome, and what I've been dreaming of. Have an android head unit installed, so as soon as these are back in stock and I can snag one, think I'm gonna be living the OBD dream in my 94!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom