Toyocom OBD1 reader review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
TOYOCOM

This is for the new reader. It has the ability to ready CEL on the fly now. I love this little thing. The other day I had a CEL come on and clicked the "ready" button on my display and within 10 seconds while driving my code was pulled and a report given of the number and corresponding reference. It's great for monitoring engine temp, 02 operation, ignition timing, injector firing. Has a trip gauge, MPG estimator, MPH that can be adjusted for tire size, Battery voltage gauge, tps monitor... This thing is completely plug and play. I mounted an old android phone to the cluster with a magnet mount. When I start the truck I unlock the phone and the reader automatically connects. When I get out, I lock the phone. It's plugged to an always hot USB port. Highly recommend this tool, it can do many more things, makes having OBD1 even more worth it.

can you find the cruiser anomalies in the pic???

20180429_210336.jpg

Last edited:
your TC is locked up under 42 mph?

Can you provide what normal numbers are for these readings? my O2 banks go from rich to lean constantly, my ignition timing has a large range, and I have no idea what's normal since I got this thing to monitor and make sure it stays normal haha..

also my temps hit a high number that i didn't like the other day.. much higher than your 180*

Can you provide what normal numbers are for these readings? my O2 banks go from rich to lean constantly, my ignition timing has a large range, and I have no idea what's normal since I got this thing to monitor and make sure it stays normal haha..
will go from lean to rich consistently. That's normal operation. Timing is always adjusted by the ECU. He has a lot of videos on reading the 02's. I just check every once in a while to make sure they are reading. TPS should adjust with throttle, injectors should increase in speed with throttle

Thats pretty cool. I think i need one haha

I have had mine for a few months, JB is great to work with. You should see the mighty 3FE on the list soon, I gave him feedback so he could add it.

I have had mine for a few months, JB is great to work with. You should see the mighty 3FE on the list soon, I gave him feedback so he could add it.
Yes!!

I hope so I reached out to him last year and sent him the FSM and EWD and he said he couldn't do it.

Soooo..... brand? Price? Dealer? Or are you just teasing us?:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom