obd II and a 97 FZJ-80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The unit allows you to adjust it for oversized tires (in increments of 1%) for even greater accuracy.

I didn't know this... I just got mine!! looks like I need to play more!! Supercharger install coming this weekend!! I got it to measure water, and transmission temps, as well as mpg!!

I didn't know this... I just got mine!! looks like I need to play more!! Supercharger install coming this weekend!! I got it to measure water, and transmission temps, as well as mpg!!

How did you get it to read trans temp? You are the first on an 80 series that I am aware of. I have tried several different entries for toyota transmissions, with no luck.

I didn't yet, but I thought I heard of others doing it... maybe I'm wrong??

Ah, I misunderstood what you wrote. I am not aware of the programming to get the SCII to read trans temp on an 80 series, though I looked for it, and tried several different "programs" to try and get it to work...

the diagnostic port in the engine bay is not the same as what is inside the cab. The guy couldn't just pull the scan gauge out?

it's pretty sad that the guy could not unplug the SG. Were you not around to be asked if that was OK? If you were, I'd throw the book at him unless there is a law someplace that says that they are not allowed to unplug anything or you to plug anything in.

I dont have it plugged straight in. I turned the connector to get it to be cleaner.

My Scangauge never glitches on my '97 LX, nor so on any other ODBII vehicles that I've plugged it in.

I have had issues with my 97 OBD2 reading as well. Both checker and autozone's readers locally can't find my vehicle. My friend has a scanner for his 96 LX 450 that won't power up on my 97.

I took it to Tunex and they told me that their equipment read my vehicle just fine, that it was just low end scanners that wouldn't work. I wonder if someone in UTAH has a Scan Gauge I could test on my LC before I spend the money unknowing.

IT is a mystery to me why this vehicle is fully functioning but not with some scanners.

Anybody have a pic of the scangauge or actron set-up in their 80? Thanks

Multiple setups in this thread.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/269130-post-up-your-scan-gauge.html

Anyone tried the XGauge code for the transmission temperature on their 80? This was posted on the 100 section and it appears to work for the A343 transmission on 99+ model 100 series.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series...uge-programming-transmission-temperature.html

I had a thread a while back trying to find the code but no one has found it out for the 80 yet.

I have a 97 and the scangauge works mint, I didn't have to change any settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom