Nuts n bolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Do you guys think the overland metric yellow zinc bolt kit is a good selection to put back together my 40 that is taken down to the tub? I know it’s not going to have any of the philips head for the hood, windshield etc. so would have to source those. I’ve been searching for weeks now trying to figure out whether trying to put together a list myself or just going with a kit is better. Hate spending $200 and having a bunch of leftover and still having to buy the rest. I’m guessing lots if you have been in this same scenario. Thanks

I believe @Coolerman or some other member has a spreadsheet that lists most of the fasteners and quantities used on an FJ40.

I went with the overland metric set. As I'm building it back up, I find that having almost every nut, washer & bolt handy is worth more than the purchase price in saved frustration or searching. There's a thread on here that started with @Coolerman 's spreadsheet and has added to it for the list. I printed this out and mark off each item as I install them.

The thread Nuts and Bolts

I went with the overland metric set. As I'm building it back up, I find that having almost every nut, washer & bolt handy is worth more than the purchase price in saved frustration or searching. There's a thread on here that started with @Coolerman 's spreadsheet and has added to it for the list. I printed this out and mark off each item as I install them.

The thread Nuts and Bolts
Thank you. That's what I was thinking but wanted some first hand experience with it. Are there different lengths of each bolt size? The website doesn't show. Does that matter I guess is the next question? I did see that list and was going to start figuring out but its tough being new to these trucks and trying to figure out what I think I need.

The set cam with multiple lengths for each size bolt with the appropriate washers, lock washers, and nuts. When I was disassembling, I packaged the nuts and bolts with a label on most things so I could just pull the appropriate sizes as I get to each part. Just checked the site, click on full kit and scroll down, it lists what the 1000 piece set consists of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom