Now what broke? repairs, mods, need help etc. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bad enough they try to steal 100 bucks in diesel by jacking a$1k gas tank... I am sure if you caught them and funneled a gallon of diesel down their throat then give them a fuel enema you would end up in jail and paying for life...

Anyone have a T100 brake master cylinder they'd be willing to part with?

Just seeing if ya'll have heard about trail Gear taken over Longfield .

Heading up to Nashville , have fun !

Rocky

FOR SALE :

I have a set of 265/75R-16 Firestone Destination tires . They have about 3000 miles on them and have never been patched or plugged .

Shot me a pm or call nine,three,one - three,six,four - three,one,eight,zero with reasonable offer .

I can bring them to GSMTR if you want .

tires 016.jpg

tires 017.jpg

tires 018.jpg

tires 020.jpg

Just seeing if ya'll have heard about trail Gear taken over Longfield .

Just found that out. It is true. That sucks.

Might as well get all the bad news out of the way.
Marv Spector of Spector Off Road died
Man-A-Fre is under reorganization.

Other news

Sam Stewart of Lowe's Toyota is now parts manager of Toyota South Atlanta
Lowe's no longer offering discount to Mud members, but Toyota South Atlanta is.

Parts Manager at Toyota South Atlanta
sstewart@toyotasouthatlanta.com
770-961-0225 678-783-2654
Still offering 25% to MUD members!!!

And now for the really good news.....

I got new axles for the Battle Wagon!

fch25 em.jpg

fch26 em.jpg

What's so strange about them? HAH!

Does this mean no more breakage on bigger tires? Or that the weak point now shifts to the 3rd member?

Any specifics on the axles? Are they for stock applications? Claim to fame? One off or stocked etc?

That's right, It means the weak point shifts to the third member!

The axles are custom made. Butman experiment. Had an extra long side made since they are one of a kind.
I started on a Cruiser/Ford hybrid project almost two years ago and never followed through
https://forum.ih8mud.com/hardcore-corner/572996-cruiser-ford-hybrid-axle.html

I had difficulty finding someone to make an axle long enough at first, but Strange came through. Since Toyota is the same as 30 spline GM (reverse engineered), it's talking the axle makers language to make a custom "GM"/Ford hybrid axle.

Now no more "C" clips. No more bearing riding on an axle. Four bolts and the axle is out.

Killer deal! You will have to post up a picture or two upon assembly.

Going back together. They couldn't make the flange that centers the drum big enough for the Cruiser drums. They were probably limited to the side of their axle blanks. I had some spacers made and tacked them on the axle, then had to notch them out for an access hole.

Hopefully tomorrow it will be ready for a test drive.

brba5 bb.jpg

brba6 bb.jpg

brba7 bb.jpg

brba8 bb.jpg

brba9 bb.jpg

That is coming along great! Any idea on strength of the Strange shafts vs Polys? You have the wear part solved for sure.

Good question.
I asked Strange the same question. He told me their Hy-Tuff axles would have better torsional shock load resistance, but as far as sustaining an extreme side impact, the 4340 would fare better because it would bend instead of break.

I thought most of your failures were rotational (not counting bearing surface failures) so hopefully the battle wagon will sit on a surer footing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom