NOW OPEN - 4x4 Labs Group Buy - Closing Feb 28, 2022 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I placed an order for a cargo rack on Aug 23 using the Mud code (10% off). Still waiting for the product but the discount worked. Thanks to 4x4 Labs and those who organized.

I placed an order for a cargo rack on Aug 23 using the Mud code (10% off). Still waiting for the product but the discount worked. Thanks to 4x4 Labs and those who organized.

Good deal - wish I would've gotten in before end of August using the coupon code.

I’m placing my order COB today.

Thanks - still haven't heard back from many others, so not sure we'll be able to hit that magic number of 10 orders to get slotted in for a group buy.

Good deal - wish I would've gotten in before end of August using the coupon code.

Thanks - still haven't heard back from many others, so not sure we'll be able to hit that magic number of 10 orders to get slotted in for a group buy.
Trusty, I'm still on, I will place my order this week. i will change to build myself.

Trusty, I'm still on, I will place my order this week. i will change to build myself.

No worries - from what I can tell, we still don't have enough critical mass for group buy status, so wouldn't anticipate any sort of 10% discount coming back after getting the order placed. Wishing we could've gotten those orders dropped in before end of August - oh well.

No worries - from what I can tell, we still don't have enough critical mass for group buy status, so wouldn't anticipate any sort of 10% discount coming back after getting the order placed. Wishing we could've gotten those orders dropped in before end of August - oh well.
That sucks!

Thanks for hopping in @Jfree97 - they also offer kicker tubes along the edges of the side wings (but they're not currently spec'd on the website - add another $225 if I remember correctly, pulled them off the website temporarily for some reason).

General update for everyone interested: I spoke with Ian at 4x4Labs Friday afternoon. The original coupon code (IH8MUDSUMMER22) doesn't work any longer (expired end of August) and no one cashed in on the discount based on what Ian explained (at least in the 80's groups that I'm aware of).

He advised that it will take a minimum of 10 orders to achieve 'Group Buy' status and that he could then retroactively go in to all of the orders that are placed and credit back the 10% discount for each order (assuming the minimum number of orders are met). The quickest way to do this, cleanly, is for each person to individually place their order directly on the Labs website and then follow-up to the automatic email order confirmation from Labs stating that you're part of the Group Buy from ih8mud.

I have not established a timeframe of how long we have to get the orders completed, but will push them to leave it open until the end of September. I've already placed my order for a DIY rear bumper kit and some DIY rear cargo baskets - hoping 9+ other folks hop in on the opportunity to recover a few buck$. Worst case, we'll still end up with some nice Labs goodies, but miss out on recouping a little bit of the costs.

Note that in past attempts, we've come up short on getting enough folks who say they're interested/list all details but then never place orders (i.e., the most recent coupon code went unused), so there is a realistic chance that we won't achieve the 10% discount on any placed order if folks don't actually move forward with making the purchase - just making that disclaimer that I can't guarantee a 10% discount if folks waffle on the purchase and decide not to buy a bumper or any other goodies.

And one final note: keep in mind that Labs is a highly competent custom fab shop with a lot of skilled guys. If you've got some sort of interesting idea/concept that you're hoping to execute (maybe some sort of custom mount on one/both of the swingouts or custom racks for example), call Ian or Luke and discuss with them!

CC: @SILVA FZJ80 , @Jfree97 , @mozartung , @nuncaperdido , @Cornhusker - also sent a few guys over from the 80 Series USA FB Group - see above info! And keep in mind that the kicker tube option isn't currently listed on the website but can be done (just plan for an additional $225-ish if I remember correctly). You'll either need to call-in the order or order online/follow up via email to the order confirmation nothing the addition of kicker tubes along with referencing the group buy.

Let me know if you have any questions/issues - I'm happy to keep a running list of usernames (and personal names/emails via PM) that can be provided to Labs to ensure we have a clean list of all purchases made within the near future to support the group buy initiative. Sorry it's a bit more complicated than a simple coupon code, but we should still have success if 10+ people step up with orders. Thanks folks! 🤠
Just Placed my order!

Just Placed my order!
I'm also in the Houston area and looking to place an order, but shipping costs are $$$. Let me know if you H town guys can figure a combined shipping strategy to bring down cost some or if momentum can build for a group buy or discount code.
80 Series rear bumper kit
with flares
no swing outs
no reverse lights

Might get in on this for a '97 80 series rear swing out, tire on passenger side up to Portland, OR.

What's the buy in?

Man how I want another Labs bumper for my "new" to me 60 series. My last one was awesome on my 62.

Reactions: SAH
No group buy needed. They are doing a Black Friday sale until the end of the month. 15% off with code "black2022".

Any idea what the current lead time is on built rear
Bumpers?

They posted an update on their IG last week and stated lead times are about 4-6 weeks.

Has anyone recently heard from 4x4 Labs if they would be interested in doing a group buy again in the future?

I would love to get in on a group buy.

A year later and I still haven't gotten a rear bumper. Expert level procrastinating.

A new discount code May be enough to push me into action.

I suppose we should start keeping track of names and total amount of interest. If we get a decent estimated amount of people interested again we could then contact 4x4 Labs and ask them about doing the group buy again.

Also, I've heard they will sometimes do discount codes on certain holidays or events. If anyone else gets wind of those discounts please post them here for others to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom