Not very Mean Green Alternator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
WTF
Finally got around to taking my Mean Green alternator for my 97 to the alternator shop I have dealt with for over 20 years and had them test the output in amps. Right in front of my face the machine lit up - 78 amps. I'm going to call Mean Green tomorrow and ask them what the Hell the deal is.
FWIW, the Alt. shop did say they don't like the small high output alternators as they put out alot of heat and they said heat is one of the main things that cause alternators to fail. Well, I guess I don't have to worry about it being a high output alternator.
Bill

Bill,

Repeat after me:

OEM parts Boss, OEM parts boss......... ;)

Cdan,
You are right, you are right, you are right. But, alas, when I bought the thing and it's little piss ant brother starter last Fall you did not exist.
Oh, and of course the next salt in the wound question begs to be asked - how much does the OEM aforementioned items list for. I see MAF has the Mean Green Alt. for $350 good old US bucks. I will have to dig out my receipt as I picked mine up at Mean Green HQ as they are about 60 miles from me and they may see my rather unsmiling face in their building next week. Up to 300 percent increase in output. I guess that covers zero increase. The stock alt. is rated at 80 amps. &*#^%$
Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom