not my cruiser, but here's my other junk :) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
tip# 1...don't tip your zuk off the jackstands...

so i got the axles last april...by this pace i should be done in another 3 or 4 years...

yesterday i managed to knock the zuk off the jackstands and almost flatten myself in the process...luckily, no harm was done other than the kids inside hearing mommy call daddy lots of loving names...she did ask if i was ok after yelling at me...eventually...

long story short, it ended up that the only thing supporting the front of the sammy was the hi-lift, which i could not reverse into lowering mode, and every time i tried to move it to fix it, i ended up jacking it up another notch, until i was past the wobbly point and dumped it over on the side...no damage except 1 bent jackstand...took about 3 hours to get it back up on the stands the right way...

168038_1696668268015_1577108131_31556628_6569450_n.jpg

i tell you what, once you've dumped a vehicle off the jackstands it sure makes you pucker to reach back under there and work on stuff...i feel like every time i touch it it's gonna fall on my head...

today, got the front end under it and the tires on...starting to look like a beast...

181796_1699540099809_1577108131_31562186_2153325_n.jpg

brand new 35" bfg krawlers

thanks to thx138 for helping me throughout this project...

Oops!

Glad you emerged unscathed:doh:

A: Get a floor jack and toss that Hi-Lift thingy in the shrubbery.:hillbilly:

B: When working on a rig on jack stands, always shake the rig aggressively before getting under it, to make sure it is solid. It is much better for it to fall BEFORE you are under it?:hillbilly:

Are you in the Samari club here in town? I was out at 10 mile wash near Bartlett Lake doing some quading several months ago and saw a looong string of them lined up for a trail run.

I always thought they were neat little trucks that can squeeze into small spaces. Ive noticed the 1.6 L Suzuki engine is a popular replacement for the 1.3 to obtain more usable power. Yours looks about as modded as Ive seen.

Hurry up and got those rear perches welded on so we can get it mobile and knock it over on the trail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom