For Sale Not mine LJ73? 1988 oakley CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dont know what spec it is but it looks decent.

Looks like a BJ73 so I would expect the 3B engine and 5 Speed transmission

Front end is not a Bj73.. it prob has the 2lt motor and light duty 5 speed. N email answers.. scam?

I have emailed as well with no answer.

Definitely looks like an LJ73, not a BJ73. So, 2LT, not 3B. Seller's correct about that, at least. Shame he won't answer emails.

Wow ok so they did an FRP top with round headlights etc and a 2LT ? I always thought the FRP was round headlight was BJ / FJ only and the 2LT was all square headlight. Never stop learning

Last edited:
Wow ok so they did an FRP top with round headlights etc and a 2LT

Yup. 1985-1990. 1991-on had the "rounder" features. Note the slightly different front body panels on an LJ:

LJ front.jpg

Compared to a BJ:

bJ front.jpg

It's especially obvious beneath the grill/headlight area. LJ versions also had the ligher 8" axles, vs the 9.5" of the BJ.

Ahh ok good to know thanks

If I’m not mistaken on the up side they also ride on coil springs which makes the ride way better.

Totally like the look of the BJ/HZJ better.
I been shopping for one as well. Being in California I’m also concerned about getting one registered

Yup. 1985-1990. 1991-on had the "rounder" features. Note the slightly different front body panels on an LJ:

View attachment 1866067

Compared to a BJ:

View attachment 1866068

It's especially obvious beneath the grill/headlight area. LJ versions also had the ligher 8" axles, vs the 9.5" of the BJ.
Does the BJ have a 9.5 front & rear or is it like the 80 that have a high Pinion 8” in the front & the 9.5” in the back.
Just trying to educate myself.

Does the BJ have a 9.5 front & rear or is it like the 80 that have a high Pinion 8” in the front & the 9.5” in the back.
Just trying to educate myself.

1990 it went 8”HP front, before that it was 9.5”.

Cheers

I've briefly seen this cruiser in person when he purchased the front bumper from me. It is a 2lt Turbo with a 5 speed. Has rust and will need work. Just spoke to the seller and he thinks he might have blown the head gasket, the truck is currently not running. If anyone is seriously interested PM and I can help put you in touch.

Good luck at $16k I think his original $1600 was closer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom