Not getting fuel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok, so my carb is not getting fuel, so I pulled off the fuel pump and it was full of varnish... I cleaned it the best I could.... still no fuel... I know I need a new fuel filter as I would imagine that is full of varnish also, so how can I tell if my fuel pump works without waiting until I get a fuel filter and then finding out it still will not pump fuel...

Is there a chance that the fuel in the lines varnished up and is pluging it somewhere along the line?

Is there a way you have to "prime" the fuel pump after I cleaned it or just throw it back in there?

As far as priming it, no need to. Just hook it back up to the block and keep the fuel hose unhooked. Turn the key and see if you get fuel coming out. You might want to put a little gas down the carb before you turn it over just so you don't strain the starter and battery so much...just be careful...bad things can happen when pouring gas down the carb..especially if the rig is already running.

You also might want to clean out the gas tank. You might have some blockage in the fuel line from the tank to the pump that is restricting the flow of fuel.

You should be able to....either that or take the gas cap off and run some compressed air through the line back towards the tank (if the tank is empty) and see if the air flows through the lines or not.

I kinda doubt that your fuel pump is bad. I've heard of others taking the things apart and cleaning them out and they work just like new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom