Norcold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I made a mistake, purchaced a Norcold freezer that is small model MRFT 614

Its missing the dc cord, I believe that to be obselete. However since I drove a hour. I bought it, its cute and pretty useless.

So for 125.00 it was mine.

:kindoffeelinglikeadumbass:

I have added some pic just for fun. Including one of the plug for the DC cord any ideas??

I am thinking of buying a plug for a newer model, buying the two cords. From a newer model.
IMG_2771_resize.jpg
IMG_2770_resize.jpg
IMG_2772_resize.jpg

Last edited:
man, no worries, very easy to whip up some sort of electric connector, I'm sure, even if it takes a bit of surgery...

It seems that, alot of people in the know are at cruise moab. So when they get back hopefully I can get some more feedback.

When its plugged into AC it cools right down.

JY

Jason

If you want a stock plug, contact Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters (Mud vendor). He has several listed on his web page.

I agree with Eric on this one. Just pop the cover, find the wires (I think there are only two even though the connector shows three pins) and splice in some wire, an inline fuse and a connector. Should work just fine.

Even though it is a freezer, I would suspect you could adjust it so things don't freeze.

Tom

Jason

If you want a stock plug, contact Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters (Mud vendor). He has several listed on his web page.

I agree with Eric on this one. Just pop the cover, find the wires (I think there are only two even though the connector shows three pins) and splice in some wire, an inline fuse and a connector. Should work just fine.

Even though it is a freezer, I would suspect you could adjust it so things don't freeze.

Tom

He is who I was refering to, as being at cruise moab.

JY

If you mod the frig plug make sure that you use a polarized plug. I recently read a thread where a member accidental reversed the wires on his Norcold and it no worky no more.:eek:

If I do it, I will use a plug from another norcold (newer) Change it over to new cords for both ac and dc.

I found one of these for sale, are they worth getting? Is 200 bucks too much? Same model and everything.

About 4-5 years ago, I bought 2 separate Norcolds that were slightly newer, and the 30qt variety, each was about $100. Twice as much for a small, and even older version, doesn't sound that good, but I haven't been cruising craigslist for them recently... Mine is about 20 years old now and works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom