norcalfj60's new twin sticks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, Marlin is making the adapter to bolt it right up to the H55F. Give him a call.

I think the crawl ratio is 4.843*4.7*2.28*4.11=213

Mine could be 4.84 * 4.7 * 3.08 * 4.56 = 319.49 :eek:

If I buy the Marlin ToyBox .. it come with the stock upper shifter .?

I'm not confident at all that need this amount of reduction .. :D with this type of box ( asuming I do ) I can run your shifter setup ?

I don't see why you can't run the same shifter on the transfer case and the toybox shifter through a new hole in floor. The cross member has to be modified to clear the front driveshaft and also the lengths of both driveshafts change since it moved the transfer case back farther.

I don't need all the gearing either but wanted it so as I buildup my rig more I will have all the gearing I would every want.

I don't see why you can't run the same shifter on the transfer case and the toybox shifter through a new hole in floor.

I justn love my stock center console ..

2003%20julio%20018.jpg

;)

I can measure back from the center of the five speed so you can see if it would clear the console.

Thanks Kevin .. it would bevery apreciated ..

Thanks Kevin .. it would bevery apreciated ..

A pictures is better to see it but it is 31 cm from center of 5 speed shifter hole to handle in high or the backwards position on the toybox. I don't know if it would clear your console looking at the pictures.
IMG_1026.jpg

A pictures is better to see it but it is 31 cm from center of 5 speed shifter hole to handle in high or the backwards position on the toybox. I don't know if it would clear your console looking at the pictures.

Thanks .. thanks very much ..

Seen this pic .. I thought it could not cleat the shifter .. but I will take the measure in my rig to check it, at least with luck need to do a little cut in the console .. :frown:

So just to be clear, you have an H55f and the Marlin Toybox? Any problems getting it to fit? I heard there was a minor clearance issue but don't remember the details. The same is in my long term plans.

Thanks for starting this thread. I think I'm going to ask FC to make me a new linkage for my 40.

So, I can't help myself, I have a dumb question. Read no further if dumb questions irritate you. I could search but thought someone might humor me.

What are twin sticks for?

It looks very cool and clean. I assume that you pull back on one to get 4hi and pull on the other to get 4lo? Are they easier to engage the gears with? Is it a more robust way of engaging 4wd? I would guess that it is more robust. Great to hear you can get the toybox with the h55 now.

Cheers,
Chad

Chad-one is for low range and the other is to engage the 4 wheel drive. The stock linkage combines both functions in one stick. Have them separated has a few advantages-for instance 2 wheel low would be ideal for pulling a boat up a boat ramp. You can't get 2 wheel low with a stock set up though there is a simple work around. It's simple once you stare at the gate mechanism underneath.

So just to be clear, you have an H55f and the Marlin Toybox? Any problems getting it to fit? I heard there was a minor clearance issue but don't remember the details. The same is in my long term plans..

Yes, a H55f and the 4.7 Toybox. Mudrak bolted eveything together and I picked it up and dropped it into the cruiser. No big problems getting it to fit. The rear cross member had to be modified to clear the front driveshaft. Also the back of the transfer case was close to the body but just push it up some and it is fine now. It would have been a lot worse if I didn't have the 1" body lift. The floor could have been modified easily though. I should start a thread in the 60 forum soon with all the pictures and what I learned since other people have been asking me about it. I am planning to be at Surf N' Turf.

Chad-one is for low range and the other is to engage the 4 wheel drive. The stock linkage combines both functions in one stick. Have them separated has a few advantages-for instance 2 wheel low would be ideal for pulling a boat up a boat ramp. You can't get 2 wheel low with a stock set up though there is a simple work around. It's simple once you stare at the gate mechanism underneath.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom