Non-USA wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody here had luck importing non-USA style wheels that will fit a 60?
Wouldnt mind just looking into it, "split wheels" would be very neat and SOR has them for $50ea but doesnt include shipping. They also have the 16in chrome wheel that looks like the 15in wheel the US got but they want $130ea! Ouch!

Jason

someplace there is a parts # floating around for non US 16" wheels from the dealer, silver painted I think, recall around $100 each.

but no clue where that part # went

There was a group buy on the BC section for 16" black rockcrawlers

I get to ask a question for once!
Is there a part number for a 16" steel wheel that was used as a spare tire under early FZJ80?
If yes, will the 80 series backspacing fit on FJ60/62 with only a 1/4" spacer?

AS far as the backspacing, I've seen 80 wheels on a few 60s and they look like they fit pretty well. If you dont get any good solid info (like my reply), try PM Boston Mangler or one of the two Docs as their 60 series rigs have 80 series wheels on them.

Yes, 42601-60262-03 is a steel 16x6 with 3.75" BS, and works great.

7760 is a 16x7 with 4" BS steel Unique wagon wheel which will work as well. You will lose some track width from the stock 3.5" BS setting. You can order the Uniques custom backspaced (max movement .5") from the factory, landing it at 3.5" BS. 21- is white, and 42- is black.

80 series wheels are 4.25" BS'd I believe.

gb

I would prefer the non-USA "split" wheel, but that 42601-60262-03 looks good too. That is that silver rim on the brown FJ60 up there in the pic?

If you want a split rim, call ENS in saskatoon. I was priced at 153 CAD new. It will be a 70 series rim though. which will fit the same I think.

on the BJ60(brown one) that is the steel rim. I went that route cause I most likely will not be changing my own tires.

just make sure they are not 98+ 70 series wheels or they will be 5 lug

brownbear said:
If you want a split rim, call ENS in saskatoon. I was priced at 153 CAD new. It will be a 70 series rim though. which will fit the same I think.

on the BJ60(brown one) that is the steel rim. I went that route cause I most likely will not be changing my own tires.

FJ40Jim said:
I get to ask a question for once!
Is there a part number for a 16" steel wheel that was used as a spare tire under early FZJ80?
If yes, will the 80 series backspacing fit on FJ60/62 with only a 1/4" spacer?
Not sure on the PN but I do know the non-USA 80 series steel wheels I bought from Junk fit my 40 perfectly with a 1/4" spacer on the front only (to clear the tierod end. Since they fit my 40 I am pretty confident they will fit your 60. They are the same wheels he had on his 80 at CMCC this year...

HTH,
Nick Jennings

stinkyfj60 said:
Anybody here had luck importing non-USA style wheels that will fit a 60?
Wouldnt mind just looking into it, "split wheels" would be very neat and SOR has them for $50ea but doesnt include shipping. They also have the 16in chrome wheel that looks like the 15in wheel the US got but they want $130ea! Ouch!

Jason
You may want to PM Junk as he has a set of 5 16" split rims in NJ he might be selling...

HTH,
Nick

I saw a set of fj40 16" split rims on ebay today. item #7986424033 3 days left, at $100 for 5 of em. $125 freight, check it out

unless you will be mounting your own tires, check with some local tire shops before you buy splits, most shops won't touch them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom