Anyone used NON-Resistor Spark Plugs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spike Strip

Goblin Mode Activated
SILVER Star
Threads
Specifically, Denso W14EXR-U vs W14EX-U?

If yes, did you notice any radio noise or other change?

Specifically, Denso W14EXR-U vs W14EX-U?

If yes, did you notice any radio noise or other change?
I briefly used a kit several years ago that utilized non resistor plugs. Think it was called Direct Hits. Had essentially large capacitors mounted on non resistor plugs. If I remember right it worked impressively well with no radio noise, but caused my cruise control to constantly cut out and the longevity of the capacitor pieces was exceedingly short so not worth the money.

But given that the non resistor plugs on that setup didn't give me any noticeable radio noise, you might be fine as far as that's concerned. Though I doubt you'd get any performance or economy improvement through using non resistor plugs, TBH.

I should've added, what is your intention with considering non resistor plugs? Just curiosity, smoother idle/running, performance/economy improvement?

Last edited:
I should've added, what is your intention with considering non resistor plugs? Just curiosity, smoother idle/running, performance/economy improvement?

Most over-seas markets (not all ) use a non-resistor version of the stock 2F/3F plug that Toyota and Denso (and NGK) still sell. I just wanted to see if there's a difference anyone has noticed. I don't listen to radio anymore in the 60, mostly recorded music or long-format recorded stuff, so not really worried about 'radio' interference. I guess it's just an experiment.

I doubt there's any noticeable performance improvement, though non-resistive plugs are 'supposed to produce a hotter (more voltage) spark' that may be true in breaker-point dissy's but not sure with our crude electronic ignitions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom